Snow chaos hits Westminster as schools and parks shut down
BAD weather is continuing to disrupt services in North Westminster, with schools and parks closed and trains delayed. Nine schools and six parks have been closed, there are minor delays on the Bakerloo line and Chiltern Railways is running an amended time
BAD weather is continuing to disrupt services in North Westminster, with schools and parks closed and trains delayed.
Nine schools and six parks have been closed, there are minor delays on the Bakerloo line and Chiltern Railways is running an amended timetable.
A spokesman for Westminster Council urged pedestrians and motorists to take caution on the roads. He said: "We are doing our utmost to keep central London moving and so far our gritting has gone to plan.
The key issue we and other local authorities now face is obtaining fresh supplies. We will need to be prudent going forward, which means priority is being given to hospital, transport hubs and key routes ahead of other less busy areas."
Both Transport for London and Chiltern Railways urged passengers to check timetables before they travelled.
A spokeswoman for Chiltern Railways said: "We're running an amended timetable and we are updating our website so we're advising passengers to check before they travel and we're advising passengers to be extra careful going to and from the station.
- 1 Heath patrols to increase after fisherman robbed at knifepoint
- 2 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 3 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 4 Academy to crack down on 'boisterous' behaviour after inspection
- 5 Family pay tribute to schoolgirl at West Hampstead bridge restoration
- 6 'Buying maternity clothes seemed so wasteful': Former fashion editor's mission
- 7 New Wendy's opens its doors in Camden
- 8 Camden Council settles £130m Chalcots lawsuit for £19m
- 9 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 10 Six Hampstead Town by-election candidates seeking votes on July 7
We have had some cancelled journeys so we're advising people to check overall we're running to mainly to what we say we're going to run"
Tfl travel updates www.tfl.gov.uk/realtime
Chiltern railways http://www.chilternrailways.co.uk/
Closed Parks and Gardens
Causton Playground, Pimlico
Drury Playground, Drury Lane
Golden Square Gardens, Soho
New Trinity Mews Playground, Bessborough Place, Pimlico
Victoria Tower Gardens, Embankment
Temple Roof Garden, Temple
Selected gates will be closed in Victoria Embankment Gardens. Gritting of paths will continue and those gates which are closed will reopen weather permitting.
Barrow Hill Junior School
Edward Wilson Primary School
George Eliot Infant School
George Eliot Junior School
Our Lady of Dolours Primary School
Robinsfield Infant School
Quintin Kynaston School
St Augustine's CE High School