Sleep-over on the street for Crouch End YMCA
A hardy group of 20 slept out on the streets to raise money for the hostel and advice centre.
Well-wishers arrived for live music and poetry, before those sleeping rough bedded into their sleeping bags.
Tottenham Hotspur academy coach Martin Ling joined Councillor Alan Strickland, Father Ben Kerridge from Hornsey Parish Church and north London YMCA chief executive Tim Fallon in staying out for the night.
The initiative has raised £13,000 so far - with money still coming in.
“It makes you think about what it must be like for people who have to sleep out all the time, especially as the winter approaches,” said Mr Fallon.
You may also want to watch:
The north London YMCA hostel hosts about 160 young people.
Mr Fallon described how many of the young people he meets at the hostel were previously spending their nights riding on buses or staying in nightclubs.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 6 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 7 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 8 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 9 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 10 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
To donate: https://www.justgiving.com/nlymca/