Sleep-over on the street for Crouch End YMCA
A hardy group of 20 slept out on the streets to raise money for the hostel and advice centre.
Well-wishers arrived for live music and poetry, before those sleeping rough bedded into their sleeping bags.
Tottenham Hotspur academy coach Martin Ling joined Councillor Alan Strickland, Father Ben Kerridge from Hornsey Parish Church and north London YMCA chief executive Tim Fallon in staying out for the night.
The initiative has raised £13,000 so far - with money still coming in.
“It makes you think about what it must be like for people who have to sleep out all the time, especially as the winter approaches,” said Mr Fallon.
You may also want to watch:
The north London YMCA hostel hosts about 160 young people.
Mr Fallon described how many of the young people he meets at the hostel were previously spending their nights riding on buses or staying in nightclubs.
- 1 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 2 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 3 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 4 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 5 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 8 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 9 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 10 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
To donate: https://www.justgiving.com/nlymca/