Sleep-over on the street for Crouch End YMCA
A hardy group of 20 slept out on the streets to raise money for the hostel and advice centre.
Well-wishers arrived for live music and poetry, before those sleeping rough bedded into their sleeping bags.
Tottenham Hotspur academy coach Martin Ling joined Councillor Alan Strickland, Father Ben Kerridge from Hornsey Parish Church and north London YMCA chief executive Tim Fallon in staying out for the night.
The initiative has raised £13,000 so far - with money still coming in.
“It makes you think about what it must be like for people who have to sleep out all the time, especially as the winter approaches,” said Mr Fallon.
You may also want to watch:
The north London YMCA hostel hosts about 160 young people.
Mr Fallon described how many of the young people he meets at the hostel were previously spending their nights riding on buses or staying in nightclubs.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 5 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 6 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 7 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 8 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 9 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 10 'No one should be aiming to breathe air that is only just legal'
To donate: https://www.justgiving.com/nlymca/