Sixty firefighters tackle West Hampstead maisonette blaze
- Credit: Archant
Eight fire engines and 58 firefighters and officers were called to a fire in a maisonette on Rowley Way in West Hampstead on Bonfire Night.
Fire officers are investigating the cause of a blaze which engulfed the two-storey property.
A London Fire Brigade spokesman said: “Thankfully no-one was inside the maisonette at the time and there were no injuries.
The whole property was damaged by the fire.”
The spokesman said firefighters were called at 8:38pm on Saturday and the blaze was brought under control by 11pm.
You may also want to watch:
Crews from West Hampstead, Paddington, North Kensington, Kentish Town and other surrounding fire stations attended the incident.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village