Sixty firefighters tackle West Hampstead maisonette blaze
- Credit: Archant
Eight fire engines and 58 firefighters and officers were called to a fire in a maisonette on Rowley Way in West Hampstead on Bonfire Night.
Fire officers are investigating the cause of a blaze which engulfed the two-storey property.
A London Fire Brigade spokesman said: “Thankfully no-one was inside the maisonette at the time and there were no injuries.
The whole property was damaged by the fire.”
The spokesman said firefighters were called at 8:38pm on Saturday and the blaze was brought under control by 11pm.
You may also want to watch:
Crews from West Hampstead, Paddington, North Kensington, Kentish Town and other surrounding fire stations attended the incident.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 3 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 4 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 5 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 6 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 7 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 8 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 10 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101