Sixth man arrested over killing of Daniel Omari Smith
A SIXTH man has been arrested over the murder of Daniel Omari Smith who was shot in a case of mistaken identity on Harrow Road in May. Police swooped on the 26-year-old at an address in South Kilburn and he expected to be interviewed later today. Other su
A SIXTH man has been arrested over the murder of Daniel Omari Smith who was shot dead on Harrow Road in May.
Police swooped on the 26-year-old suspect in a 3am raid at an address in South Kilburn and he expected to be interviewed later today.
Five other suspects were arrested earlier this year including two 21-year-old men on May 24, a 22-year-old on July 21 and a 23-year-old on July 29.
All five men have been bailed pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
DI Brookes said: "We are also still looking for two other individuals, seen in the KFC at and around the same time as the incident.
"There was a woman aged around early 20s, black, wearing a distinctive black baseball cap with a letter P on the front, and also a white man with brown hair and glasses carrying a briefcase. We really do need them to come forward. Their information could be vital. If they are frightened we can offer witness protection, which our team are very experienced in."
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 3 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 4 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 5 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 6 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Murder arrest after Primrose Hill woman dies from stab wounds
- 10 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
Mr Omari Smith was gunned down with a single bullet as he left Kentucky Fried Chicken on the corner of Harrow Road and Sutherland Avenue just before midnight on May 21.
Detectives investigating the case say they believe the killing was gang-related and that the 22-year-old electrician, who had never been involved in any wrong doing, had simply been mistaken for someone else.
A reward of up to �20,000 is being offered for information leading to an arrest and prosecution.
Anyone who can assist with the investigation is asked to contact the police on 020 8733 4704.
Alternatively, witnesses wishing to remain anonymous can call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.