Sixth man arrested over killing of Daniel Omari Smith
A SIXTH man has been arrested over the murder of Daniel Omari Smith who was shot in a case of mistaken identity on Harrow Road in May. Police swooped on the 26-year-old at an address in South Kilburn and he expected to be interviewed later today. Other su
A SIXTH man has been arrested over the murder of Daniel Omari Smith who was shot dead on Harrow Road in May.
Police swooped on the 26-year-old suspect in a 3am raid at an address in South Kilburn and he expected to be interviewed later today.
Five other suspects were arrested earlier this year including two 21-year-old men on May 24, a 22-year-old on July 21 and a 23-year-old on July 29.
All five men have been bailed pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
DI Brookes said: "We are also still looking for two other individuals, seen in the KFC at and around the same time as the incident.
"There was a woman aged around early 20s, black, wearing a distinctive black baseball cap with a letter P on the front, and also a white man with brown hair and glasses carrying a briefcase. We really do need them to come forward. Their information could be vital. If they are frightened we can offer witness protection, which our team are very experienced in."
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 5 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 6 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
- 10 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
Mr Omari Smith was gunned down with a single bullet as he left Kentucky Fried Chicken on the corner of Harrow Road and Sutherland Avenue just before midnight on May 21.
Detectives investigating the case say they believe the killing was gang-related and that the 22-year-old electrician, who had never been involved in any wrong doing, had simply been mistaken for someone else.
A reward of up to �20,000 is being offered for information leading to an arrest and prosecution.
Anyone who can assist with the investigation is asked to contact the police on 020 8733 4704.
Alternatively, witnesses wishing to remain anonymous can call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.