Six more children diagnosed with swine flu as epidemic takes hold
SIX children in Barnet have become the latest victims of swine flu prompting a seven day closure of their primary school. A further 143 adults and children from Garden Suburb Infants and Junior schools in Golders Green are reported as having viral type il
SIX children in Barnet have become the latest victims of swine flu prompting a seven day closure of their primary school.
A further 143 adults and children from Garden Suburb Infants and Junior schools in Golders Green are reported as having viral type illnesses and the schools will be closed for seven days.
They are both working closely with the Health Protection Agency to take the appropriate action and current indications show that the symptoms of all those affected have been mild.
Director of health improvement and medical director for NHS Barnet Dr Andrew Burnett said: "Although many people will be concerned about what is happening nationally, this local situation shows that for many this is a very mild, short lived and self limited illness.
You may also want to watch:
"We also urge people to help prevent the spread of infection by using tissues to catch all sneezes, throwing used tissues away, and remembering to regularly wash their hands to kill the virus."
There is no need to stop normal everyday activities unless you have flu like symptoms. If anyone is worried please call the swine flu information line on 0800 1513 513 or NHS Direct on 0845 4647 or your GP practice.
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 3 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 4 Discover Crouch End's very own cathedral
- 5 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 7 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 8 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 9 Man stabbed on Finchley Road
- 10 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath