Six more children diagnosed with swine flu as epidemic takes hold
SIX children in Barnet have become the latest victims of swine flu prompting a seven day closure of their primary school. A further 143 adults and children from Garden Suburb Infants and Junior schools in Golders Green are reported as having viral type il
SIX children in Barnet have become the latest victims of swine flu prompting a seven day closure of their primary school.
A further 143 adults and children from Garden Suburb Infants and Junior schools in Golders Green are reported as having viral type illnesses and the schools will be closed for seven days.
They are both working closely with the Health Protection Agency to take the appropriate action and current indications show that the symptoms of all those affected have been mild.
Director of health improvement and medical director for NHS Barnet Dr Andrew Burnett said: "Although many people will be concerned about what is happening nationally, this local situation shows that for many this is a very mild, short lived and self limited illness.
You may also want to watch:
"We also urge people to help prevent the spread of infection by using tissues to catch all sneezes, throwing used tissues away, and remembering to regularly wash their hands to kill the virus."
There is no need to stop normal everyday activities unless you have flu like symptoms. If anyone is worried please call the swine flu information line on 0800 1513 513 or NHS Direct on 0845 4647 or your GP practice.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 6 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 9 Camden, Haringey and Barnet mark Holocaust Memorial Day
- 10 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named