Single goal against Spurs wraps up title for Arsenal Under 18s
Arsenal s U18 wrapped up the Premier Academy League trophy with a 1-0 win at Tottenham on Sunday. Rhys Murphy scored the only goal of the game to seal the first part of a possible double, with Steve Bould s side taking on Liverpool in the FA Youth Cup fin
Arsenal's U18 wrapped up the Premier Academy League trophy with a 1-0 win at Tottenham on Sunday.
Rhys Murphy scored the only goal of the game to seal the first part of a possible double, with Steve Bould's side taking on Liverpool in the FA Youth Cup final first leg at Emirates on Friday evening.
Bould said it was the perfect preparation for the final.
"We have continued the winning streak and that's probably the most important thing in the end. They are getting winning habits, that's great and hopefully we'll continue it against Liverpool," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"We've surpassed the rewards I'd aimed for this year so this just adds to it all.
"It's a great end to their (league) season but they need to be professional and turn their minds to the next game like all good teams do."
- 1 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 4 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 5 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 6 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 7 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 8 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved
- 10 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
Tickets for Friday's game, which kicks off at 8pm, are on sale until 5pm. The Gunners then travel to Anfield for the second leg next Tuesday, kick off 7.45pm.