Singer Stephen Gateley robbed of precious mementoes
By Bob Antrim Boyzone star Stephen Gateley has been left devastated after burglars raided his plush Highgate home and got away with £80,000 worth of his jewellery. The singer, 32, was distraught after discovering that among the haul was a £20,000 custom-m
By Bob Antrim
Boyzone star Stephen Gateley has been left devastated after burglars raided his plush Highgate home and got away with £80,000 worth of his jewellery.
The singer, 32, was distraught after discovering that among the haul was a £20,000 custom-made Rolex watch he bought with his first pay cheque after the Irish boy band reached the top of the charts.
The thieves also pocketed a flawless Cartier diamond worth £20,000 and a diamond-encrusted bracelet given to him as a gift by his life partner Andy Coules. The pair married in a civil ceremony two years ago and have lived in the seven-bedroom home since tying the knot.
You may also want to watch:
They were not at home when the raiders struck and Mr Gateley told the Ham&High: ''I'm deeply upset because these items had great sentimental value and the reality is that they'll probably be sold off for a fraction of their true value in some second-hand shop.
''Of all the things I've lost, I'm most upset about the Rolex watch as all the boys in the band bought one as a memento with our first pay cheques when we became famous.''
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 8 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 9 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 10 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
Mr Gateley has now had a state-of-the-art security and system installed to back up the surveillance cameras he already had at his home.
Despite the break-in he has no plans to leave the area.
''I really love Highgate and wouldn't move away for the world. It has a great vibe and the people here are brilliant. I also love going out to Crouch End's restaurants - it's just such a great area to live in.''
The singer has recently returned from a comeback tour with Boyzone which included sell-out concerts at London's 02 Arena and Wembley Arena.