Singer Mr Hudson brings Kentish Town to life at Alma Street Fair
- Credit: Archant
R&B singer-songwriter Mr Hudson wowed the crowds at the seventh annual Alma Street Fair in Kentish Town, which drew in hundreds of people.
The star, who had a hit in 2009 with Supernova featuring Kanye West, was on one of the three music stages in Inkerman Road and Alma Street,where he was joined by Mario from Mario’s Café in Kelly Street, Kentish Town.
A dancefloor was a new addition to the fair this year, with a performance by the Rush in Ballet collective, who train at Kentish Town Community Centre in Busby Place.
Children were kept entertained with vibrant, multicoloured face painting and Scratchline Tattoos in Kentish Town Road applied transfer tattoos.
Gourmet ice cream parlour Ruby Violet in Fortess Road served up frozen treats from its pale blue retro van, while hairdresser cum art gallery Flaxon Ptooch in Kentish Town Road dished up cocktails.
You may also want to watch:
Various musicians played to large crowds all day long.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 3 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 6 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 7 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 8 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 9 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 10 Good Karma: Charity shop opens in former Gap in Hampstead High Street