Singer Mr Hudson brings Kentish Town to life at Alma Street Fair
- Credit: Archant
R&B singer-songwriter Mr Hudson wowed the crowds at the seventh annual Alma Street Fair in Kentish Town, which drew in hundreds of people.
The star, who had a hit in 2009 with Supernova featuring Kanye West, was on one of the three music stages in Inkerman Road and Alma Street,where he was joined by Mario from Mario’s Café in Kelly Street, Kentish Town.
A dancefloor was a new addition to the fair this year, with a performance by the Rush in Ballet collective, who train at Kentish Town Community Centre in Busby Place.
Children were kept entertained with vibrant, multicoloured face painting and Scratchline Tattoos in Kentish Town Road applied transfer tattoos.
Gourmet ice cream parlour Ruby Violet in Fortess Road served up frozen treats from its pale blue retro van, while hairdresser cum art gallery Flaxon Ptooch in Kentish Town Road dished up cocktails.
You may also want to watch:
Various musicians played to large crowds all day long.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 5 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 6 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 7 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 Property of the week: Impressive mid-terrace Kentish Town family home
- 10 'The flood took everything': Maida Vale family watched floods destroy home