Simon Cowell to Highgate headteacher: ‘Looks don’t matter in showbusiness’
It’s lucky Highgate headteacher Adam Pettitt can take a joke at his own expense.
Last year, then-education secretary Michael Gove compared the diminutive Highgate School headmaster to Kylie Minogue.
And now world famous X Factor judge and music mogul Simon Cowell has also given him a ribbing at the launch of a retail work experience scheme at the school.
Mr Pettitt turned talk-show host at the glittering launch party last Wednesday to interview Mr Cowell on what it takes to be successful.
But he was met with a cheeky response after asking if looks still matter in showbusiness.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Cowell told him: “No, I liked you as soon as I met you.”
Mr Pettitt appeared to have taken fashion advice on the night from Topshop boss Sir Philip Green, with whom he helped launch the scheme.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury
- 9 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
He was dressed head to toe in a snappy suit from Topshop, and quipped he could be the store’s most unlikely new model.