Simon Cowell to Highgate headteacher: ‘Looks don’t matter in showbusiness’
It’s lucky Highgate headteacher Adam Pettitt can take a joke at his own expense.
Last year, then-education secretary Michael Gove compared the diminutive Highgate School headmaster to Kylie Minogue.
And now world famous X Factor judge and music mogul Simon Cowell has also given him a ribbing at the launch of a retail work experience scheme at the school.
Mr Pettitt turned talk-show host at the glittering launch party last Wednesday to interview Mr Cowell on what it takes to be successful.
But he was met with a cheeky response after asking if looks still matter in showbusiness.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Cowell told him: “No, I liked you as soon as I met you.”
Mr Pettitt appeared to have taken fashion advice on the night from Topshop boss Sir Philip Green, with whom he helped launch the scheme.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Gravestone is a reminder that slavery left its mark in north London
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
He was dressed head to toe in a snappy suit from Topshop, and quipped he could be the store’s most unlikely new model.