Simon Cowell to Highgate headteacher: ‘Looks don’t matter in showbusiness’
It’s lucky Highgate headteacher Adam Pettitt can take a joke at his own expense.
Last year, then-education secretary Michael Gove compared the diminutive Highgate School headmaster to Kylie Minogue.
And now world famous X Factor judge and music mogul Simon Cowell has also given him a ribbing at the launch of a retail work experience scheme at the school.
Mr Pettitt turned talk-show host at the glittering launch party last Wednesday to interview Mr Cowell on what it takes to be successful.
But he was met with a cheeky response after asking if looks still matter in showbusiness.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Cowell told him: “No, I liked you as soon as I met you.”
Mr Pettitt appeared to have taken fashion advice on the night from Topshop boss Sir Philip Green, with whom he helped launch the scheme.
- 1 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 2 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 3 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 4 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 5 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 8 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Ally Pally and Highgate's abandoned station star in new children's book
He was dressed head to toe in a snappy suit from Topshop, and quipped he could be the store’s most unlikely new model.