Simon Cowell to Highgate headteacher: ‘Looks don’t matter in showbusiness’
It’s lucky Highgate headteacher Adam Pettitt can take a joke at his own expense.
Last year, then-education secretary Michael Gove compared the diminutive Highgate School headmaster to Kylie Minogue.
And now world famous X Factor judge and music mogul Simon Cowell has also given him a ribbing at the launch of a retail work experience scheme at the school.
Mr Pettitt turned talk-show host at the glittering launch party last Wednesday to interview Mr Cowell on what it takes to be successful.
But he was met with a cheeky response after asking if looks still matter in showbusiness.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Cowell told him: “No, I liked you as soon as I met you.”
Mr Pettitt appeared to have taken fashion advice on the night from Topshop boss Sir Philip Green, with whom he helped launch the scheme.
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
He was dressed head to toe in a snappy suit from Topshop, and quipped he could be the store’s most unlikely new model.