Simon Cowell to Highgate headteacher: ‘Looks don’t matter in showbusiness’
It’s lucky Highgate headteacher Adam Pettitt can take a joke at his own expense.
Last year, then-education secretary Michael Gove compared the diminutive Highgate School headmaster to Kylie Minogue.
And now world famous X Factor judge and music mogul Simon Cowell has also given him a ribbing at the launch of a retail work experience scheme at the school.
Mr Pettitt turned talk-show host at the glittering launch party last Wednesday to interview Mr Cowell on what it takes to be successful.
But he was met with a cheeky response after asking if looks still matter in showbusiness.
Mr Cowell told him: “No, I liked you as soon as I met you.”
Mr Pettitt appeared to have taken fashion advice on the night from Topshop boss Sir Philip Green, with whom he helped launch the scheme.
- 1 Man files complaint following 'unlawful arrest' by police officers
- 2 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 3 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 4 Golders Green school rated 'inadequate' for second time
- 5 Businesses hail return of Highgate's Fair in the Square
- 6 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 7 'It's a lovely community': The Bull reopens under new management
- 8 What is the rare 'monkeypox' being treated at the Royal Free?
- 9 Barnet: Three arrested as victim of fatal stabbing named
- 10 Fears over large nitrous oxide cannisters found in Gospel Oak
He was dressed head to toe in a snappy suit from Topshop, and quipped he could be the store’s most unlikely new model.