Silvestre to jump ship at City and join Wenger's Gunners?
Arsenal are reported to be on the verge of signing Manchester United s unwanted defender, Mikael Silvestre. In a surprise move, Arsene Wenger has offered the French internationall the chance to come to the Emirates and partner countryman William Gallas at
Arsenal are reported to be on the verge of signing Manchester United's unwanted defender, Mikael Silvestre.
In a surprise move, Arsene Wenger has offered the French internationall the chance to come to the Emirates and partner countryman William Gallas at the heart of the Arsenal defence.
Silvestre, no longer wanted by Alex Ferguson, was set to move across Manchester and join City but it believed to prefer the chance of a move to Arsenal and another season of Champions League football.
If Silvestre comes to the Emirates, he may prove to be the bargain buy of the season with a transfer fee of less than £1 million - a real snip for the cash-conscious Wenger considering Silvestre's wide international and Champions League experience.
You may also want to watch:
He joined United in 1999 and was just one game short of making 250 first team appearances to add to the 40 international caps he won with France.
Wenger's late bid is sure to anger City, as Silvestre is reported to have had a medical there and agreed terms before the Arsenal boss stepped in with his 11th-hour approach.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 7 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 10 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears