Silla is wanted to take on nation's trouble spots
CAMDEN crime fighter Silla Carron could soon be battling yobs across the country after the success of her TV debut. After transforming her own run-down and crime-ridden Clarence Way estate in Camden Town, 'supergran' Ms Carron was asked to do the same
CAMDEN crime fighter Silla Carron could soon be battling yobs across the country after the success of her TV debut.
After transforming her own run-down and crime-ridden Clarence Way estate in Camden Town, "supergran" Ms Carron was asked to do the same for a notorious part of Plymouth for a BBC documentary.
The programme, entitled The Estate We're In, was a huge success when it was broadcast earlier this month - with two million people tuning in.
Now Ms Carron has been inundated with requests to tackle drug dealers and hooligans across the country.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "I have had requests to go to Manchester, Bristol, Birmingham, Leeds and even Ireland.
"I have spoken to the production team and they have said they are looking at doing another one - but from a slightly different angle."
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 5 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 6 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 9 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 10 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
Ms Carron won the Pride of Britain award in 2006 after she kicked drug dealers off her estate.
She has recently been in the University College Hospital after suffering a life-threatening kidney infection but is now making a steady recovery.