Signed lion painting by Ricky Gervais on sale at Hampstead gallery
- Credit: Archant
Signed limited edition prints of a painting of a lion by comedian Ricky Gervais have gone on sale at the Zebra One gallery to raise money for the LionAid charity.
The work is being sold alongside exclusive prints of a lion drawing by his partner Jane Fallon and another by TV vet Marc Abraham at the gallery, in Perrin’s Court.
The comedian’s painting is on sale for £250.
There are only 50 prints of each work, which are all signed. The other prints are on sale for £50 each. All profits will go to LionAid charity, which leads research into lion conservation and is at the forefront of highlighting the true plight of lion populations and the trophy hunting trade.
The original paintings and drawings will be auctioned along with a new painting of Cecil the Lion by wildlife artist Pip McGarry.
The auction will be held at Christies on December 3.
Gabrielle du Plooy of Zebra One said: “This is a cause close to my heart. Being from Africa, I saw these wonderful creations in the wild I have always been against the hunting of animals for sport its absolutely wrong
- 1 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 2 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 3 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 4 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 5 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 6 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 7 Toff's of Muswell Hill celebrates Fish and Chips Day with 50 free glasses of fizz
- 8 'I'm sorry people had to wait 30 years,' former minister tells Infected Blood Inquiry
- 9 Community joy as Murphy's Yard application withdrawn
- 10 Duke's Head noise complaints committee hearing
Thank you to the lovely Ricky Gervais, Jane and Marc for their wonderful drawings, all the proceeds will go directly to the charity.”