Signed lion painting by Ricky Gervais on sale at Hampstead gallery
- Credit: Archant
Signed limited edition prints of a painting of a lion by comedian Ricky Gervais have gone on sale at the Zebra One gallery to raise money for the LionAid charity.
The work is being sold alongside exclusive prints of a lion drawing by his partner Jane Fallon and another by TV vet Marc Abraham at the gallery, in Perrin’s Court.
The comedian’s painting is on sale for £250.
There are only 50 prints of each work, which are all signed. The other prints are on sale for £50 each. All profits will go to LionAid charity, which leads research into lion conservation and is at the forefront of highlighting the true plight of lion populations and the trophy hunting trade.
The original paintings and drawings will be auctioned along with a new painting of Cecil the Lion by wildlife artist Pip McGarry.
You may also want to watch:
The auction will be held at Christies on December 3.
Gabrielle du Plooy of Zebra One said: “This is a cause close to my heart. Being from Africa, I saw these wonderful creations in the wild I have always been against the hunting of animals for sport its absolutely wrong
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 4 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 9 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 10 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
Thank you to the lovely Ricky Gervais, Jane and Marc for their wonderful drawings, all the proceeds will go directly to the charity.”