Signed lion painting by Ricky Gervais on sale at Hampstead gallery
- Credit: Archant
Signed limited edition prints of a painting of a lion by comedian Ricky Gervais have gone on sale at the Zebra One gallery to raise money for the LionAid charity.
The work is being sold alongside exclusive prints of a lion drawing by his partner Jane Fallon and another by TV vet Marc Abraham at the gallery, in Perrin’s Court.
The comedian’s painting is on sale for £250.
There are only 50 prints of each work, which are all signed. The other prints are on sale for £50 each. All profits will go to LionAid charity, which leads research into lion conservation and is at the forefront of highlighting the true plight of lion populations and the trophy hunting trade.
The original paintings and drawings will be auctioned along with a new painting of Cecil the Lion by wildlife artist Pip McGarry.
You may also want to watch:
The auction will be held at Christies on December 3.
Gabrielle du Plooy of Zebra One said: “This is a cause close to my heart. Being from Africa, I saw these wonderful creations in the wild I have always been against the hunting of animals for sport its absolutely wrong
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 7 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 8 Letters: The floods!
- 9 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 10 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
Thank you to the lovely Ricky Gervais, Jane and Marc for their wonderful drawings, all the proceeds will go directly to the charity.”