Signed lion painting by Ricky Gervais on sale at Hampstead gallery
- Credit: Archant
Signed limited edition prints of a painting of a lion by comedian Ricky Gervais have gone on sale at the Zebra One gallery to raise money for the LionAid charity.
The work is being sold alongside exclusive prints of a lion drawing by his partner Jane Fallon and another by TV vet Marc Abraham at the gallery, in Perrin’s Court.
The comedian’s painting is on sale for £250.
There are only 50 prints of each work, which are all signed. The other prints are on sale for £50 each. All profits will go to LionAid charity, which leads research into lion conservation and is at the forefront of highlighting the true plight of lion populations and the trophy hunting trade.
The original paintings and drawings will be auctioned along with a new painting of Cecil the Lion by wildlife artist Pip McGarry.
You may also want to watch:
The auction will be held at Christies on December 3.
Gabrielle du Plooy of Zebra One said: “This is a cause close to my heart. Being from Africa, I saw these wonderful creations in the wild I have always been against the hunting of animals for sport its absolutely wrong
- 1 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 3 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 4 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 5 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 6 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 7 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 8 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 9 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 10 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
Thank you to the lovely Ricky Gervais, Jane and Marc for their wonderful drawings, all the proceeds will go directly to the charity.”