Shoulder injury could keep Theo out for 10 weeks
Arsenal starlet Theo Walcott could be out until Christmas after dislocating his shoulder while training for England s friendly tonight against West Germany. The blow could mean that with Arsenal trying to stay in touch with the Premiership leaders, he wil
Theo Walcott is on his way back to London after dislocating his right shoulder while on England duty in Berlin.
"Our priority is Theo and making him as comfortable as possible before he returns to England," said England manager Fabio Capello at the international squad’s training camp earlier today.
"We are all very disappointed but the important thing is for Theo to travel home and make a quick recovery."
Walcott will definitely miss vital games against Dynamo Kiev in the Champions League next Tuesday and the tough trip to Chelsea at the end of the month.
You may also want to watch:
It’s been reported he could be out of action for up to ten weeks.
It is a huge blow for Arsene Wenger who will also be without Cesc Fabregas for this Saturday’s match at Manchester City as he serves a one-match suspension after picking up his fifth yellow card of the season in last week’s 2-0 home defeat to Aston Villa.
- 1 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 2 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 3 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 4 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 5 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 8 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 9 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 10 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
The Arsenal manager will be fuming after earlier questioning the necessity of international friendlies during such a busy spell for club sides.
"I don't see what you gain from this friendly because there is no game,” he moaned. “You can explain a friendly to prepare for an official match but after this there is no international game for four months."
An FA statement read: "During a training session Theo Walcott dislocated his right shoulder after falling on the pitch.
"Arsenal's medical staff were advised of the injury soon after the incident."