Shotgun fired at police car in Archway Road drama
A GUNMAN opened fire on a police car in Highgate late on Sunday night. Gunshots were fired at the unmarked car on Archway Road around 10.20pm. Luckily, the officers escaped without injury. The drama started when a sniffer dog unit was brought in and a mas
A GUNMAN opened fire on a police car in Highgate late on Sunday night.
Gunshots were fired at the unmarked car on Archway Road around 10.20pm. Luckily, the officers escaped without injury.
The drama started when a sniffer dog unit was brought in and a massive search operation was launched around Highgate. While combing the area, a dog handler stopped a 26-year-old man who allegedly threatened him with a shotgun. The man was later arrested by armed officers on Gaskell Road.
Two other teenagers, aged 16 and 18, were arrested nearby in relation to the incident. A suspicious vehicle was also found by officers on Bancroft Avenue, off Aylmer Road.
A spokeswoman for the police said: "We would like to hear from anyone who may have seen the white Renault Megane, vehicle registration S493ONK, in the area before or between 10.20pm and 11.10pm on November 2 or may have information about the vehicle's history.
"If you have information please contact police on 020-8733 4250 or if you wish to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111."
- 1 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 2 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 3 Belsize Village restaurant hires young Ukrainian refugee
- 4 Calls for removal of South End Green phone box
- 5 Barnet leader pledges council tax rebate and an end to outsourcing
- 6 Campaign launched after girl suffers fractured ribs from e-scooter crash
- 7 Olympic ace opens Highgate primary school's new running track
- 8 Camden teacher's cycle ride to find a cure for daughter's 'sleeping beauty' syndrome
- 9 HGO double bill: modern dress baroque opera as it would have sounded centuries ago
- 10 Two-year waitlist for mental health patients at Tavistock Centre
Three men are currently being questioned in connection with the incident.