Shotgun fired at police car in Archway Road drama
A GUNMAN opened fire on a police car in Highgate late on Sunday night. Gunshots were fired at the unmarked car on Archway Road around 10.20pm. Luckily, the officers escaped without injury. The drama started when a sniffer dog unit was brought in and a mas
A GUNMAN opened fire on a police car in Highgate late on Sunday night.
Gunshots were fired at the unmarked car on Archway Road around 10.20pm. Luckily, the officers escaped without injury.
The drama started when a sniffer dog unit was brought in and a massive search operation was launched around Highgate. While combing the area, a dog handler stopped a 26-year-old man who allegedly threatened him with a shotgun. The man was later arrested by armed officers on Gaskell Road.
Two other teenagers, aged 16 and 18, were arrested nearby in relation to the incident. A suspicious vehicle was also found by officers on Bancroft Avenue, off Aylmer Road.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for the police said: "We would like to hear from anyone who may have seen the white Renault Megane, vehicle registration S493ONK, in the area before or between 10.20pm and 11.10pm on November 2 or may have information about the vehicle's history.
"If you have information please contact police on 020-8733 4250 or if you wish to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111."
- 1 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 2 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 3 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 4 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 5 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 6 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 7 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 8 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 9 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 10 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
Three men are currently being questioned in connection with the incident.