Short-listing of bidders to transform Hornsey Town Hall
- Credit: Archant
Plans for the sale of Hornsey Town Hall are pressing ahead, with six bidders presenting their ideas.
The bidders, who are anonymous for commercial sensitivity reasons, were selected after completing a questionnaire highlighting their experience of delivering projects with community benefits.
Responses were evaluated by the council, the Hornsey Town Hall Creative Trust and property experts GVA.
Only bids that included a clear commitment to community access to the Grade II* listed building were considered.
Haringey Council have not defined “community access” as they hope bidders will come up with exciting and innovative ideas which might not have been considered before.
You may also want to watch:
They are aiming to come to a final decision at a cabinet meeting in June.
The successful bidder will show how their plans for the landmark building will safeguard the Town Hall and preserve its heritage, support the local economy, be commercially sound and have a strong community focus.
- 1 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 2 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 3 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 4 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 5 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 6 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 7 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 8 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 9 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 10 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
It has been confirmed that ANA Arts projects, who run a vibrant arts calendar, will be running activities from the Hall for at least another year.
Cllr Alan Strickland, cabinet Member for Regeneration, said: “We’re delighted to be celebrating so much good news for Hornsey Town Hall this week.
“The level of interest and the very high quality of early operator bids underline what a tremendous opportunity Hornsey Town Hall is – and how much desire there is to see this fantastic building restored.”