Short-listing of bidders to transform Hornsey Town Hall
- Credit: Archant
Plans for the sale of Hornsey Town Hall are pressing ahead, with six bidders presenting their ideas.
The bidders, who are anonymous for commercial sensitivity reasons, were selected after completing a questionnaire highlighting their experience of delivering projects with community benefits.
Responses were evaluated by the council, the Hornsey Town Hall Creative Trust and property experts GVA.
Only bids that included a clear commitment to community access to the Grade II* listed building were considered.
Haringey Council have not defined “community access” as they hope bidders will come up with exciting and innovative ideas which might not have been considered before.
You may also want to watch:
They are aiming to come to a final decision at a cabinet meeting in June.
The successful bidder will show how their plans for the landmark building will safeguard the Town Hall and preserve its heritage, support the local economy, be commercially sound and have a strong community focus.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 3 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 4 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 5 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 6 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 7 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 8 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
It has been confirmed that ANA Arts projects, who run a vibrant arts calendar, will be running activities from the Hall for at least another year.
Cllr Alan Strickland, cabinet Member for Regeneration, said: “We’re delighted to be celebrating so much good news for Hornsey Town Hall this week.
“The level of interest and the very high quality of early operator bids underline what a tremendous opportunity Hornsey Town Hall is – and how much desire there is to see this fantastic building restored.”