Short-listing of bidders to transform Hornsey Town Hall
- Credit: Archant
Plans for the sale of Hornsey Town Hall are pressing ahead, with six bidders presenting their ideas.
The bidders, who are anonymous for commercial sensitivity reasons, were selected after completing a questionnaire highlighting their experience of delivering projects with community benefits.
Responses were evaluated by the council, the Hornsey Town Hall Creative Trust and property experts GVA.
Only bids that included a clear commitment to community access to the Grade II* listed building were considered.
Haringey Council have not defined “community access” as they hope bidders will come up with exciting and innovative ideas which might not have been considered before.
You may also want to watch:
They are aiming to come to a final decision at a cabinet meeting in June.
The successful bidder will show how their plans for the landmark building will safeguard the Town Hall and preserve its heritage, support the local economy, be commercially sound and have a strong community focus.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 6 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
It has been confirmed that ANA Arts projects, who run a vibrant arts calendar, will be running activities from the Hall for at least another year.
Cllr Alan Strickland, cabinet Member for Regeneration, said: “We’re delighted to be celebrating so much good news for Hornsey Town Hall this week.
“The level of interest and the very high quality of early operator bids underline what a tremendous opportunity Hornsey Town Hall is – and how much desire there is to see this fantastic building restored.”