Short-listing of bidders to transform Hornsey Town Hall
- Credit: Archant
Plans for the sale of Hornsey Town Hall are pressing ahead, with six bidders presenting their ideas.
The bidders, who are anonymous for commercial sensitivity reasons, were selected after completing a questionnaire highlighting their experience of delivering projects with community benefits.
Responses were evaluated by the council, the Hornsey Town Hall Creative Trust and property experts GVA.
Only bids that included a clear commitment to community access to the Grade II* listed building were considered.
Haringey Council have not defined “community access” as they hope bidders will come up with exciting and innovative ideas which might not have been considered before.
You may also want to watch:
They are aiming to come to a final decision at a cabinet meeting in June.
The successful bidder will show how their plans for the landmark building will safeguard the Town Hall and preserve its heritage, support the local economy, be commercially sound and have a strong community focus.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 4 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 5 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Gravestone is a reminder that slavery left its mark in north London
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
It has been confirmed that ANA Arts projects, who run a vibrant arts calendar, will be running activities from the Hall for at least another year.
Cllr Alan Strickland, cabinet Member for Regeneration, said: “We’re delighted to be celebrating so much good news for Hornsey Town Hall this week.
“The level of interest and the very high quality of early operator bids underline what a tremendous opportunity Hornsey Town Hall is – and how much desire there is to see this fantastic building restored.”