Short-listing of bidders to transform Hornsey Town Hall
- Credit: Archant
Plans for the sale of Hornsey Town Hall are pressing ahead, with six bidders presenting their ideas.
The bidders, who are anonymous for commercial sensitivity reasons, were selected after completing a questionnaire highlighting their experience of delivering projects with community benefits.
Responses were evaluated by the council, the Hornsey Town Hall Creative Trust and property experts GVA.
Only bids that included a clear commitment to community access to the Grade II* listed building were considered.
Haringey Council have not defined “community access” as they hope bidders will come up with exciting and innovative ideas which might not have been considered before.
They are aiming to come to a final decision at a cabinet meeting in June.
The successful bidder will show how their plans for the landmark building will safeguard the Town Hall and preserve its heritage, support the local economy, be commercially sound and have a strong community focus.
- 1 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 2 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 3 Man files complaint following 'unlawful arrest' by police officers
- 4 Businesses hail return of Highgate's Fair in the Square
- 5 What is the rare 'monkeypox' being treated at the Royal Free?
- 6 TfL: Revamped Northern line latest addition to ever-improving network
- 7 Barnet: Three arrested as victim of fatal stabbing named
- 8 Fears over large nitrous oxide cannisters found in Gospel Oak
- 9 Warnings issued after four fox clubs found stuck in old car wheels
- 10 Golders Green school rated 'inadequate' for second time
It has been confirmed that ANA Arts projects, who run a vibrant arts calendar, will be running activities from the Hall for at least another year.
Cllr Alan Strickland, cabinet Member for Regeneration, said: “We’re delighted to be celebrating so much good news for Hornsey Town Hall this week.
“The level of interest and the very high quality of early operator bids underline what a tremendous opportunity Hornsey Town Hall is – and how much desire there is to see this fantastic building restored.”