Much-loved Belsize, West Hampstead and Crouch End shops star in Visa Christmas advert
- Credit: Visa
Normally we celebrate one business of the week – but today we’ve got three!
That’s because firms in Crouch End, Belsize Village and West Hampstead all star in a new Christmas advert for Visa.
The card company filmed at Crescent Fruiterers in Belsize Lane, West End Lane Books, and Dunn’s bakery in Crouch End Broadway. The advert is a “love letter” to independent shops, with workers singing All I Want for Christmas Is You.
Matthew Voyce, 47, co-owner of Crescent Fruiterers, told the Ham&High: “We were unsure at first, but 100 per cent we’re glad we did it.
“They just came around and said they loved the square and would we be interested. It took us some persuading to actually be in it, though.”
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the retired former owner of Dunn’s, Christopher Freeman said: “I’m not much of a singer but the whole team got behind me and it was a great experience!”
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 3 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 4 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 5 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 7 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 8 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'
- 9 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
- 10 Thunder and lightning could return to London on Monday