Much-loved Belsize, West Hampstead and Crouch End shops star in Visa Christmas advert
- Credit: Visa
Normally we celebrate one business of the week – but today we’ve got three!
That’s because firms in Crouch End, Belsize Village and West Hampstead all star in a new Christmas advert for Visa.
The card company filmed at Crescent Fruiterers in Belsize Lane, West End Lane Books, and Dunn’s bakery in Crouch End Broadway. The advert is a “love letter” to independent shops, with workers singing All I Want for Christmas Is You.
Matthew Voyce, 47, co-owner of Crescent Fruiterers, told the Ham&High: “We were unsure at first, but 100 per cent we’re glad we did it.
“They just came around and said they loved the square and would we be interested. It took us some persuading to actually be in it, though.”
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the retired former owner of Dunn’s, Christopher Freeman said: “I’m not much of a singer but the whole team got behind me and it was a great experience!”
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 4 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music event for 'healthy hedonists'
- 5 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
- 6 Planning application nears for Murphy's Yard redevelopment
- 7 Driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police - Porsche seized
- 8 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 9 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 10 Mikel Arteta must trust Gabriel Martinelli against Villarreal