Much-loved Belsize, West Hampstead and Crouch End shops star in Visa Christmas advert
- Credit: Visa
Normally we celebrate one business of the week – but today we’ve got three!
That’s because firms in Crouch End, Belsize Village and West Hampstead all star in a new Christmas advert for Visa.
The card company filmed at Crescent Fruiterers in Belsize Lane, West End Lane Books, and Dunn’s bakery in Crouch End Broadway. The advert is a “love letter” to independent shops, with workers singing All I Want for Christmas Is You.
Matthew Voyce, 47, co-owner of Crescent Fruiterers, told the Ham&High: “We were unsure at first, but 100 per cent we’re glad we did it.
“They just came around and said they loved the square and would we be interested. It took us some persuading to actually be in it, though.”
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the retired former owner of Dunn’s, Christopher Freeman said: “I’m not much of a singer but the whole team got behind me and it was a great experience!”
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 4 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 5 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 6 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 7 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release