Much-loved Belsize, West Hampstead and Crouch End shops star in Visa Christmas advert
- Credit: Visa
Normally we celebrate one business of the week – but today we’ve got three!
That’s because firms in Crouch End, Belsize Village and West Hampstead all star in a new Christmas advert for Visa.
The card company filmed at Crescent Fruiterers in Belsize Lane, West End Lane Books, and Dunn’s bakery in Crouch End Broadway. The advert is a “love letter” to independent shops, with workers singing All I Want for Christmas Is You.
Matthew Voyce, 47, co-owner of Crescent Fruiterers, told the Ham&High: “We were unsure at first, but 100 per cent we’re glad we did it.
“They just came around and said they loved the square and would we be interested. It took us some persuading to actually be in it, though.”
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the retired former owner of Dunn’s, Christopher Freeman said: “I’m not much of a singer but the whole team got behind me and it was a great experience!”
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 3 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 8 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'