Shop Local: MPs across Camden, Haringey, Barnet and Westminster back Ham&High campaign
- Credit: Archant
MPs for Camden, Haringey, Barnet and Westminster have thrown their support behind the Ham&High’s Shop Local campaign.
To help local businesses get through the Covid-19 lockdown, we’re encouraging readers to support independent traders on our high streets – whether that be ordering online, using a local delivery service, buying a takeaway, or popping in to essential shops ahead of Christmas.
From antiques in Flask Walk to florists in Elgin Avenue, we are highlighting the best of local businesses to try and help them navigate this period of instability and uncertainty.
Local MPs have backed this newspaper’s call to support traders at the heart of our local communities.
Tulip Siddiq, MP for Hampstead and Kilburn, said: “I’m pleased to back another fantastic campaign from the Ham&High.
“Vibrant local high streets are an essential part of our communities, and we must not allow them to be another casualty of coronavirus.
“That will require proper support from government, which I’m pushing for, but also a concerted effort by our local community to make the most of them.”
- 1 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 2 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 3 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 4 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 5 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 6 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 7 Former Camden Council leader chooses women's safety charity for second mayoral year
- 8 'I'm sorry people had to wait 30 years,' former minister tells Infected Blood Inquiry
- 9 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 10 Toff's of Muswell Hill celebrates Fish and Chips Day with 50 free glasses of fizz
Catherine West, MP for Hornsey and Wood Green, said: “The Covid-19 pandemic is a serious challenge for many local and independent shops who are facing financial difficulties, and I fully support the Ham&High’s Shop Local campaign.
“Head to your local high streets if you can or support independent shops online to give them the support they need during these difficult times.”
Karen Buck, MP for Westminster North said: “I strongly support the Shop Local campaign. Our local high streets are a vital part of community life, now more than ever.”
Mike Freer, MP for Finchley and Golders Green, said: “I have always tried to support local shops from cafes and bike shops to corner shops and newsagents.
“They have come into their own during the lockdown and continue to support their local communities day in, day out. It is vital we support our local shops over the coming months.”
Keir Starmer, MP for Holborn and St Pancras, said he supported the Shop Local campaign which he hoped would encourage readers to support independent traders.