Shooting in South Hampstead stuns community
ANOTHER shooting has taken place on the streets of Camden, this time on an estate in South Hampstead. Following Sunday night's attack in Gillies Street, Kentish Town, two teenagers have been shot on the Ainsworth Way Estate. They were rushed to hospital w
ANOTHER shooting has taken place on the streets of Camden, this time on an estate in South Hampstead.
Following Sunday night's attack in Gillies Street, Kentish Town, two teenagers have been shot on the Ainsworth Way Estate.
They were rushed to hospital with leg wounds, while a third teen was pistol whipped and also treated for injuries.
Gunshots were heard on the estate just after 9pm last night (Tuesday). None of the young victims' injuries are believed to be life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
"It appears one of the victims has told police they were sitting on the estate when they were approached by a group of males in masks who asked 'Who is A.S.A.?' and then started shooting the victims with a silver handgun," said a Met spokesman.
So far no arrests have been made, but police are appealing for information.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
A pensioner, who did not wish to be named, heard the attack when it happened outside her home. She said: "We heard two bangs. I thought it was fireworks but my son said he thought it sounded like something else. We saw them taking somebody away on a stretcher - it was terrible.
"This estate has got really bad - it's nothing like it used to be when we moved here 50 years ago."
Police were also called to Gillies Street in Kentish Town at 12.30am on Monday, where a 21-year-old man had received a gunshot wound to the leg. So far, no arrests have been made in either case but police are appealing for information. Call 020-7404 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.