Shocked by the assassination of an inspirational woman
Benazir Bhutto was a great supporter of Blue Sky Network s work to improve the world we live in, wherever that might be! She was passionate about her country of birth and often spoke about her desire to one day help the people of Pakistan escape the cause
Benazir Bhutto was a great supporter of Blue Sky Network's work to improve the world we live in, wherever that might be!
She was passionate about her country of birth and often spoke about her desire to one day help the people of Pakistan escape the causes of poverty and injustice.
I was first introduced to Benazir and her sister by the singer Joan Armatrading at a private dinner party in New York nearly eight years ago and we immediately hit it off, having breakfast the next day at the Plaza Hotel in New York.
She showed keenness to hear about my own ideas to make the world a better place. The following year I got a call from her to join her and her sister for lunch at her modest flat in South Kensington.
I spent a couple of very enjoyable hours in the company of this visionary and charming woman whose intellect and beauty were dazzling. We discussed her interest and support for the fledgling network (Blue Sky) I founded to unite talented and influential people like her to help bring about the end of irrational hatred and global poverty.
Over the years we occasionally met up at social gatherings and spoke on the phone on numerous occasions about her support for my work in helping unite Jews and Muslims and people of all faiths and of none to respect our shared values, as well as our differences.
- 1 Barnet: Three arrested as victim of fatal stabbing named
- 2 Spurs survive 'Lasagna-gate 2' and it's over to Arsenal
- 3 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 4 Man in his 30s stabbed to death
- 5 St John's Wood nursery 'requires improvement' after surprise Ofsted visit
- 6 Court: Disciplinary rules not followed in 'unfair' sacking, lawyer suggests
- 7 Motorcyclist injured in Highgate Hill collision
- 8 West Hampstead woman's kids' clothes success story
- 9 Hampstead woman tells tribunal of alleged racist discrimination
- 10 'The law isn't important to us': Car tyres deflated by activists in Camden
I am devastated by the loss of this remarkable women, who was taken away prematurely from the people of Pakistan by an act of pure barbarism.
I just hope and pray that the people of Pakistan never give up on Benazir's vision to bring lasting peace and prosperity to their nation.
She will always remain in my heart as one of the most inspirational women I have ever met and proud to have called her a Blue Sky friend and supporter.
Founder, Blue Sky Group