Shocked by the assassination of an inspirational woman
Benazir Bhutto was a great supporter of Blue Sky Network s work to improve the world we live in, wherever that might be! She was passionate about her country of birth and often spoke about her desire to one day help the people of Pakistan escape the cause
Benazir Bhutto was a great supporter of Blue Sky Network's work to improve the world we live in, wherever that might be!
She was passionate about her country of birth and often spoke about her desire to one day help the people of Pakistan escape the causes of poverty and injustice.
I was first introduced to Benazir and her sister by the singer Joan Armatrading at a private dinner party in New York nearly eight years ago and we immediately hit it off, having breakfast the next day at the Plaza Hotel in New York.
She showed keenness to hear about my own ideas to make the world a better place. The following year I got a call from her to join her and her sister for lunch at her modest flat in South Kensington.
You may also want to watch:
I spent a couple of very enjoyable hours in the company of this visionary and charming woman whose intellect and beauty were dazzling. We discussed her interest and support for the fledgling network (Blue Sky) I founded to unite talented and influential people like her to help bring about the end of irrational hatred and global poverty.
Over the years we occasionally met up at social gatherings and spoke on the phone on numerous occasions about her support for my work in helping unite Jews and Muslims and people of all faiths and of none to respect our shared values, as well as our differences.
- 1 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 2 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 3 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 4 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 5 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 6 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 7 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 8 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 9 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 10 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
I am devastated by the loss of this remarkable women, who was taken away prematurely from the people of Pakistan by an act of pure barbarism.
I just hope and pray that the people of Pakistan never give up on Benazir's vision to bring lasting peace and prosperity to their nation.
She will always remain in my heart as one of the most inspirational women I have ever met and proud to have called her a Blue Sky friend and supporter.
Founder, Blue Sky Group