Shock videos show that fur trade isn't fair trade
I see from Heathman s Diary (Gwyn sheds her clothes, H&H October 9) that our very own green celeb Belsize bombshell, Gwyneth Paltrow (left) is selling off her designer clobber for charity. Is this to make way for the fur she is currently sporting in adve
I see from Heathman's Diary (Gwyn sheds her clothes, H&H October 9) that our very own green celeb Belsize bombshell, Gwyneth Paltrow (left) is selling off her designer clobber for charity.
Is this to make way for the fur she is currently sporting in advertisements for Tod's?
Green Gwyn should know better than to promote a product whereby fur animals are either caught in leg-hold traps and their heads stamped on, or electrocuted up the anus so as not to spoil the pelt. Recently I nearly fainted when I was shown a PETA (People's Ethical Treatment of Animals) video shot in China of a racoon being skinned alive, leaving it with not a hair on its body, save for its eyelashes. The fur trade is not fair trade, Gwynie!
You may also want to watch:
Willoughby Road, NW3
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 4 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 7 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 8 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 9 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds