Shock videos show that fur trade isn't fair trade
I see from Heathman s Diary (Gwyn sheds her clothes, H&H October 9) that our very own green celeb Belsize bombshell, Gwyneth Paltrow (left) is selling off her designer clobber for charity. Is this to make way for the fur she is currently sporting in adve
I see from Heathman's Diary (Gwyn sheds her clothes, H&H October 9) that our very own green celeb Belsize bombshell, Gwyneth Paltrow (left) is selling off her designer clobber for charity.
Is this to make way for the fur she is currently sporting in advertisements for Tod's?
Green Gwyn should know better than to promote a product whereby fur animals are either caught in leg-hold traps and their heads stamped on, or electrocuted up the anus so as not to spoil the pelt. Recently I nearly fainted when I was shown a PETA (People's Ethical Treatment of Animals) video shot in China of a racoon being skinned alive, leaving it with not a hair on its body, save for its eyelashes. The fur trade is not fair trade, Gwynie!
You may also want to watch:
Willoughby Road, NW3
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 3 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 4 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 5 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 8 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 9 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 10 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill