Shock videos show that fur trade isn't fair trade
I see from Heathman s Diary (Gwyn sheds her clothes, H&H October 9) that our very own green celeb Belsize bombshell, Gwyneth Paltrow (left) is selling off her designer clobber for charity. Is this to make way for the fur she is currently sporting in adve
I see from Heathman's Diary (Gwyn sheds her clothes, H&H October 9) that our very own green celeb Belsize bombshell, Gwyneth Paltrow (left) is selling off her designer clobber for charity.
Is this to make way for the fur she is currently sporting in advertisements for Tod's?
Green Gwyn should know better than to promote a product whereby fur animals are either caught in leg-hold traps and their heads stamped on, or electrocuted up the anus so as not to spoil the pelt. Recently I nearly fainted when I was shown a PETA (People's Ethical Treatment of Animals) video shot in China of a racoon being skinned alive, leaving it with not a hair on its body, save for its eyelashes. The fur trade is not fair trade, Gwynie!
You may also want to watch:
Willoughby Road, NW3
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 3 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 6 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 7 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 8 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour