Shirt deal brings �20million to White Hart Lane
TOTTENHAM have unveiled a lucrative new shirt sponsorship deal with UK software company Autonomy, who will pay around �20million over the next two years with an option for another three. That is an increase on the �8.5m per year that Spurs were receiving
TOTTENHAM have unveiled a lucrative new shirt sponsorship deal with UK software company Autonomy, who will pay around �20million over the next two years with an option for another three.
That is an increase on the �8.5m per year that Spurs were receiving from Mansion under their previous �34m four-year agreement, which expired this summer.
And the Lilywhites are set to increase their sponsorship revenue even further after opting to split their shirt sponsorship into two separate packages.
Autonomy will only appear on Spurs shirts in Premier League matches, and the club are now negotiating a second deal for their cup competitions, which will include the FA Cup, the Carling Cup and - for the first time - the Champions League.
Tottenham's new 2010/2011 Premier League kit collection, sponsored by Autonomy, will be unveiled next Friday, July 16, and will be worn for the first time the following day.
Spurs take on partner club San Jose Earthquakes in America next Saturday, July 17 - a match which will be televised live on ESPN. The Lilywhites will wear their new training kit this weekend when they take on Bournemouth at Dean Court.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 3 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 4 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 5 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 6 Sexual offence reports at record levels in Camden, Haringey and Barnet
- 7 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 8 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 9 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 10 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead
Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy said: "We are delighted to have Autonomy as our new global partner. I have been impressed with Autonomy's vision and growth for many years, having previously been an investor.
"Autonomy is the leader in its field and as such is the ideal partner for Tottenham Hotspur at a time when we continue to grow our existing operations and facilities with two major capital expenditure projects underway - a new Training Centre under construction and proposed new Stadium development - both of which will include state-of-the-art technology as part of their world-class designs."
Autonomy Corporation PLC are a FTSE 100 listed company with over 20,000 global customers and offices worldwide.