Shirt deal brings �20million to White Hart Lane
TOTTENHAM have unveiled a lucrative new shirt sponsorship deal with UK software company Autonomy, who will pay around �20million over the next two years with an option for another three. That is an increase on the �8.5m per year that Spurs were receiving
TOTTENHAM have unveiled a lucrative new shirt sponsorship deal with UK software company Autonomy, who will pay around �20million over the next two years with an option for another three.
That is an increase on the �8.5m per year that Spurs were receiving from Mansion under their previous �34m four-year agreement, which expired this summer.
And the Lilywhites are set to increase their sponsorship revenue even further after opting to split their shirt sponsorship into two separate packages.
Autonomy will only appear on Spurs shirts in Premier League matches, and the club are now negotiating a second deal for their cup competitions, which will include the FA Cup, the Carling Cup and - for the first time - the Champions League.
Tottenham's new 2010/2011 Premier League kit collection, sponsored by Autonomy, will be unveiled next Friday, July 16, and will be worn for the first time the following day.
Spurs take on partner club San Jose Earthquakes in America next Saturday, July 17 - a match which will be televised live on ESPN. The Lilywhites will wear their new training kit this weekend when they take on Bournemouth at Dean Court.
- 1 Police probe reports of shooting at scene of crash in West Hampstead
- 2 Disabled swimmer loses court battle over Heath swimming prices
- 3 New toilets and changing rooms in Hampstead ponds £700,000 revamp
- 4 Primrose Hill gates could close again due to antisocial behaviour
- 5 St John's Wood prep school downgraded to 'requires improvement'
- 6 Opening date confirmed for new Finchley Road Aldi
- 7 Cops hunt 'crucial' witness 'Sandra' who helped teen rape victim
- 8 Chalcots - Five Years On: Council admits deleting whistleblower emails
- 9 Jailed: 10 north London offenders put behind bars in May
- 10 Golders Green house fire under investigation
Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy said: "We are delighted to have Autonomy as our new global partner. I have been impressed with Autonomy's vision and growth for many years, having previously been an investor.
"Autonomy is the leader in its field and as such is the ideal partner for Tottenham Hotspur at a time when we continue to grow our existing operations and facilities with two major capital expenditure projects underway - a new Training Centre under construction and proposed new Stadium development - both of which will include state-of-the-art technology as part of their world-class designs."
Autonomy Corporation PLC are a FTSE 100 listed company with over 20,000 global customers and offices worldwide.