Sheep and cyclists aren't welcome on the Heath
I AM surprised that the Heath Management Committee should risk the dangers which further cycle tracks will cause to walkers on the Heath (Will the future be filled with sheep and cyclists, H&H January 18). There has already been a death from a cyclist on
I AM surprised that the Heath Management Committee should risk the dangers which further cycle tracks will cause to walkers on the Heath (Will the future be filled with sheep and cyclists, H&H January 18). There has already been a death from a cyclist on Parliament Hill.
Highgate Wood has been banned to cyclists after an American tourist sued the management of the wood for failing to give her protection from serious injury sustained from a cyclist on a pathway.
For what purpose does the Heath Management Committee wish to use the Heath for sheep grazing?
The Heath has been a much-loved open space for recreational use for at least 100 years. It is not a commercial farm. Grazing animals bring unpleasant insects in their wake, occasionally even health risks.
You may also want to watch:
Where there are sheep there will be endless controversy with dogs and their owners (and London's dogs need open space for exercise). There will be problems with sheep stealers.
I sincerely hope that these unwise decisions will not be put into action. The Heath management has a duty to provide the Heath users (walkers and picnickers) with a reasonable degree of safety in their changes in management policies.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 6 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
Fortis Green, N2