Shadow business secretary Chuka Umunna visits new West Hampstead centre
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Shadow business secretary Chuka Umunna dropped into a new West Hampstead community centre to talk to local business owners today.
The Labour MP for Streatham, seen as one of the party’s brightest young stars, checked out the new Sherriff Centre at St James Church, in Sherriff Road, before hosting a Q&A session with business owners inside the church this afternoon.
The 35-year-old was welcomed on his visit by Tulip Siddiq, Labour’s parliamentary candidate for Hampstead and Kilburn.
St James vicar Father Andrew Cain is postmaster of the new Post Office branch which opened in the church last month, following the closure of the post office in West End Lane.
The new post office is accompanied by a new café, gift shop, delicatessen and soft play area, which make up the Sherriff Centre.
You may also want to watch:
All profits from the centre will be invested back into the community to fund carer and toddler groups, older person support and debt advice at the church.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 10 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers