Sex attack at Hampstead Theatre
A man was jailed for four weeks and put on the sex offenders register after groping a woman at a Hampstead Theatre production. Vitalij Kovaliov, 28, was convicted of intentionally touching the woman without her consent during A Jubilee For Anton Chekho
A man was jailed for four weeks and put on the sex offenders' register after groping a woman at a Hampstead Theatre production.
Vitalij Kovaliov, 28, was convicted of "intentionally touching the woman" without her consent during A Jubilee For Anton Chekhov on January 21.
Kovaliov, of no fixed abode, was sitting next to his victim and repeatedly placed his hand on the 30-year-old lap despite her asking him to move it.
He was breathing heavily and tried to whisper in her ear. At the interval, the victim, who cannot be named for legal reasons, approached staff, who immediately called the police. Kovaliov was arrested at the venue.
You may also want to watch:
Kovaliov appeared at Highbury Corner magistrates' court last month. He will be the sex offenders' list for seven years.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 3 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 7 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 8 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 9 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 10 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead