Sex attack at Hampstead Theatre
A man was jailed for four weeks and put on the sex offenders register after groping a woman at a Hampstead Theatre production. Vitalij Kovaliov, 28, was convicted of intentionally touching the woman without her consent during A Jubilee For Anton Chekho
A man was jailed for four weeks and put on the sex offenders' register after groping a woman at a Hampstead Theatre production.
Vitalij Kovaliov, 28, was convicted of "intentionally touching the woman" without her consent during A Jubilee For Anton Chekhov on January 21.
Kovaliov, of no fixed abode, was sitting next to his victim and repeatedly placed his hand on the 30-year-old lap despite her asking him to move it.
He was breathing heavily and tried to whisper in her ear. At the interval, the victim, who cannot be named for legal reasons, approached staff, who immediately called the police. Kovaliov was arrested at the venue.
You may also want to watch:
Kovaliov appeared at Highbury Corner magistrates' court last month. He will be the sex offenders' list for seven years.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 5 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 8 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 9 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 10 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83