School teacher pleads guilty to sex offence
A Westminster secondary school teacher has pleaded guilty to inciting sexual activity with a 15-year-old girl. Charles Logan was arrested at his Bromley home in December last year on suspicion of sexually abusing the teenager, who must r
A Westminster secondary school teacher has pleaded guilty to "inciting sexual activity" with a 15-year-old girl.
Charles Logan was arrested at his Bromley home in December last year on suspicion of sexually abusing the teenager, who must remain anonymous for legal reasons.
His arrest followed an inquiry by the Met's child abuse investigation team into allegations of sexual misconduct made against Mr Logan in September.
You may also want to watch:
The 40-year-old appeared at Camberwell Green magistrates' court on December 17.
He pleaded guilty to inciting sexual activity with a girl between 13 and 17 and abusing a position of trust.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing
The chairman of governors at the school, which also cannot be named for legal reasons, said that he was sacked immediately after the offences came to light.
Westminster Council children's services boss Cllr Nickie Allen confirmed that Mr Logan had been instantly dismissed.
She said: "This is clearly a very serious incident and, as soon as the council and school were made aware of what occurred we acted swiftly, immediately suspending the teacher concerned.
"I would like to reassure parents and their children that we treat the care and well-being of pupils in Westminster with the utmost importance.
"Our child protection team and schools will continue to work with the police to safeguard children and young people in Westminster."
Investigating officer Det Con Jon Knox said: "Logan abused a position of trust for his own sexual gratification.
"Fortunately swift action from the police and the school has prevented him from offending again.
"We can only be grateful that he pleaded guilty and the victim did not have to go through the ordeal of giving evidence at a court."
Mr Logan will be sentenced today at the Inner London Crown Court.