Schnauzers take over Hampstead Heath: Pack of cute dogs help raise money for charity
- Credit: Archant
A rainy Sunday failed to put any snouts out of joint as a band of determined Schnauzer-owners and their four-legged friends took to the Heath last weekend.
The outing, which formed part of Schnauzerfest 2018, saw a pack of eager Heath-lovers get take advantage of the opportunity to share treats while fundraising for the Diana Brimblecombe animal rescue centre in Reading.
More than 30 schnauzers had fun, too.
The event was also attended by a number of ringers.
Ten “honorary schnauzers of various breeds” crashed the event to help support a good cause and raise £206.30 for the rescue centre.
You may also want to watch:
With more than 60 people attending, local organiser Katharine Blakemore said: “Despite the awful weather, the event went really well. We had a true group of animal lovers and Schnauzerfest supporters on the Heath.”
The outing was just one part of a national weekend of fundraising, with £40,000 raised so far for the charity.
- 1 'Nazanin needs her passport back on Sunday' – Tulip Siddiq MP
- 2 Jail for weapons supplier found with guns, grenades and zombie knives
- 3 First-time buyers fear ruin as 'dream' flats fail fire safety test
- 4 Covid-19 surge testing in East Finchley after South African variant appears
- 5 Morrisons opens replacement store in Chalk Farm
- 6 Humans must take action if our species is to survive
- 7 Petition to save oak and hornbeam trees in Coldfall Wood
- 8 UCS Hampstead pupils launch podcast to help GCSE history revision
- 9 Meet some of Hampstead Heath's furriest and feistiest canine visitors
- 10 Hampstead Heath: Does an increase in visitors mean fewer birds?