Schizophrenic murdered neighbour, court hears
A SCHIZOPHRENIC man murdered his neighbour days after spying on him having sex with a married woman, a court heard today (Wednesday). Mohamed Boudjenane, 46 of Kingsgate Road, Kilburn, killed his neighbour Lakhdar Ouyahia, 43, just hours after kidnapping
A SCHIZOPHRENIC man murdered his neighbour days after spying on him having sex with a married woman, a court heard today (Wednesday).
Mohamed Boudjenane, 46 of Kingsgate Road, Kilburn, killed his neighbour Lakhdar Ouyahia, 43, just hours after kidnapping and raping a mother-of four, the Old Bailey heard.
He admitted tying up the 42-year-old nanny in his flat on February 3 this year, slapping her across the face and threatening her with a knife. But he denied trying to force her to perform sex acts and said they had consensual sex in his flat.
Boudjenane described himself as a loner, who had become depressed because of religion and had begun to hear voices. "I feel as if I'm getting an electric shock in my brain," he told the court.
You may also want to watch:
He said he suffered from 'high depression', adding: "I lose control. I cannot concentrate."
Orlando Pownall QC, defending, asked: "What do you think it was that made you depressed?"
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 3 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 4 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 5 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
"The religion," replied Boudjenane. "Sharia, Islam. It's about Islam and the law."
He admitted going for walks naked in the middle of the night and said a doctor had diagnosed him as a schizophrenic.
Asked if he was trying to pretend he was mentally ill, he replied: "No, no, no. I cannot really specify what I suffer from mentally."
Boudjenane denies murder, two counts of rape and false imprisonment. The trial continues.