Schizophrenic murdered neighbour, court hears
A SCHIZOPHRENIC man murdered his neighbour days after spying on him having sex with a married woman, a court heard today (Wednesday). Mohamed Boudjenane, 46 of Kingsgate Road, Kilburn, killed his neighbour Lakhdar Ouyahia, 43, just hours after kidnapping
A SCHIZOPHRENIC man murdered his neighbour days after spying on him having sex with a married woman, a court heard today (Wednesday).
Mohamed Boudjenane, 46 of Kingsgate Road, Kilburn, killed his neighbour Lakhdar Ouyahia, 43, just hours after kidnapping and raping a mother-of four, the Old Bailey heard.
He admitted tying up the 42-year-old nanny in his flat on February 3 this year, slapping her across the face and threatening her with a knife. But he denied trying to force her to perform sex acts and said they had consensual sex in his flat.
Boudjenane described himself as a loner, who had become depressed because of religion and had begun to hear voices. "I feel as if I'm getting an electric shock in my brain," he told the court.
You may also want to watch:
He said he suffered from 'high depression', adding: "I lose control. I cannot concentrate."
Orlando Pownall QC, defending, asked: "What do you think it was that made you depressed?"
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 3 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 4 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 5 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 8 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 9 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 10 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
"The religion," replied Boudjenane. "Sharia, Islam. It's about Islam and the law."
He admitted going for walks naked in the middle of the night and said a doctor had diagnosed him as a schizophrenic.
Asked if he was trying to pretend he was mentally ill, he replied: "No, no, no. I cannot really specify what I suffer from mentally."
Boudjenane denies murder, two counts of rape and false imprisonment. The trial continues.