Saudi Arabian man found dead in Marylebone hotel
A MURDER investigation has been launched after a Saudi Arabian man was found dead in a Marylebone hotel yesterday. The 32-year-old s body was found by police on the third floor of the five-star Landmark Hotel on Marylebone Road at around 4.50pm. Police ar
A MURDER investigation has been launched after a Saudi Arabian man was found dead in a Marylebone hotel yesterday.
The 32-year-old's body was found by police on the third floor of the five-star Landmark Hotel on Marylebone Road at around 4.50pm.
Police are treating the death as suspicious and it is being investigated by the Met's Homicide and Serious Crime Command.
It is believed the victim had suffered an assault which resulted in head injuries before his death.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives say they know the identity of the man but are awaiting formal identification before releasing his name.
A post-mortem examination took place today but the results are yet to be confirmed.
- 1 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 2 Camden's deputy mayor ditches Labour to join Greens
- 3 Highgate's Well Pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster vaccines with flu jabs
- 4 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 5 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 6 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 7 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 8 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 9 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 10 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
A Met spokesman said: "We were called at 4.50pm on Monday, February 15 by the London Ambulance Service to reports of someone found dead at a hotel on Marylebone Road.
"Officers attended and paramedics pronounced the man dead at the scene. Enquiries are underway to track down the man's next of kin.
"A man has been arrested in connection with the death, which is being treated as suspicious, but no charges have been brought."
A man in his 30s was arrested in connection with the death less that five hours after the body was found.
He was taken to a central London police station where he remains in custody.
Police are appealing for anyone with information about the incident to contact the incident Room on 020 8721 4205 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.