Saudi Arabian man found dead in Marylebone hotel
A MURDER investigation has been launched after a Saudi Arabian man was found dead in a Marylebone hotel yesterday. The 32-year-old s body was found by police on the third floor of the five-star Landmark Hotel on Marylebone Road at around 4.50pm. Police ar
A MURDER investigation has been launched after a Saudi Arabian man was found dead in a Marylebone hotel yesterday.
The 32-year-old's body was found by police on the third floor of the five-star Landmark Hotel on Marylebone Road at around 4.50pm.
Police are treating the death as suspicious and it is being investigated by the Met's Homicide and Serious Crime Command.
It is believed the victim had suffered an assault which resulted in head injuries before his death.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives say they know the identity of the man but are awaiting formal identification before releasing his name.
A post-mortem examination took place today but the results are yet to be confirmed.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 5 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 6 Highgate School staff must undergo 'anti-sexism training' over summer
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 Probe into £23m property deal is like 'a vendetta', says ex-deputy leader
A Met spokesman said: "We were called at 4.50pm on Monday, February 15 by the London Ambulance Service to reports of someone found dead at a hotel on Marylebone Road.
"Officers attended and paramedics pronounced the man dead at the scene. Enquiries are underway to track down the man's next of kin.
"A man has been arrested in connection with the death, which is being treated as suspicious, but no charges have been brought."
A man in his 30s was arrested in connection with the death less that five hours after the body was found.
He was taken to a central London police station where he remains in custody.
Police are appealing for anyone with information about the incident to contact the incident Room on 020 8721 4205 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.