Saudi Arabian man found dead in Marylebone hotel
A MURDER investigation has been launched after a Saudi Arabian man was found dead in a Marylebone hotel yesterday. The 32-year-old s body was found by police on the third floor of the five-star Landmark Hotel on Marylebone Road at around 4.50pm. Police ar
A MURDER investigation has been launched after a Saudi Arabian man was found dead in a Marylebone hotel yesterday.
The 32-year-old's body was found by police on the third floor of the five-star Landmark Hotel on Marylebone Road at around 4.50pm.
Police are treating the death as suspicious and it is being investigated by the Met's Homicide and Serious Crime Command.
It is believed the victim had suffered an assault which resulted in head injuries before his death.
Detectives say they know the identity of the man but are awaiting formal identification before releasing his name.
A post-mortem examination took place today but the results are yet to be confirmed.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 3 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 4 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 5 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 6 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 7 'Large cannabis factory’ discovered on Frobisher Road
- 8 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 9 Jimmy C's wife on how she is keeping 'his memory alive'
- 10 Hornsey Exchange opening first step in bringing town hall 'back to life'
A Met spokesman said: "We were called at 4.50pm on Monday, February 15 by the London Ambulance Service to reports of someone found dead at a hotel on Marylebone Road.
"Officers attended and paramedics pronounced the man dead at the scene. Enquiries are underway to track down the man's next of kin.
"A man has been arrested in connection with the death, which is being treated as suspicious, but no charges have been brought."
A man in his 30s was arrested in connection with the death less that five hours after the body was found.
He was taken to a central London police station where he remains in custody.
Police are appealing for anyone with information about the incident to contact the incident Room on 020 8721 4205 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.