SAS: Who Dares Wins TV star Ant Middleton to launch hospice’s Parliament Hill Lido fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
SAS: Who Dares Wins TV tough guy Ant Middleton is to kickstart a hospice’s 15th birthday celebrations by tackling Parliament Hill Lido’s waters.
The ex-Special Forces soldier – who presents the Channel 4 series which sees recruits tackle challenges including jumping from a moving helicopter, crawling across tightropes and running through desert – will launch Haven House’s year of events.
Middleton said: “I’m very proud to help raise funds for Haven House in its birthday year. It is such an important charity and provides vital support to children and their families.
“Getting in icy water is a bit of a challenge, but it’s a case of mind over matter and you will feel amazing afterwards. I’ll be there to encourage you along the way,” he added.
In the run up to the lido swim the action hero is urging fearless fundraisers to tackle winter water with the aim of swimming one length to raise funds for the hospice.
You may also want to watch:
Nathan Ramsden, north London community fundraising executive at the hospice, said: “We are delighted Ant will be taking part in our first Team 15 challenge event for 2018.
“He is an incredible leader and really inspires you when you are out of your comfort zone.
- 1 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 2 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 3 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 4 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 5 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 8 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 9 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 10 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
“Our Chilly Dip is a great way to raise funds for life-limited children in our 15th birthday year, and it’s going to be a lot of fun on the day,” he added.
The organisers promise participants of the ‘Chilly Dip’ challenge a selfie with Middleton and signed certificate following a pre-dip pep talk by the star.
The challenge takes place Sunday, February 4 and will be followed by a warm up in the poolside sauna with hot refreshments provided.
To sign up visit the hospice website.
For more details contact Nathan Ramsden at Haven House on 0208 498 5842 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.