Saracens stars’ special Christmas touchdown for disabled kids
- Credit: Archant
Chris Ashton, Will Fraser and Jackson Wray handed out signed rugby balls to the children, from Hampstead and across north London
England star Ashton and other players regularly attend training sessions at Allianz Park on Monday evenings giving up their free time to meet the teenage youngsters who are involved with the Saracens Sports Foundation and suffer with disabilities.
The sessions are sponsored by Hampstead car dealers Alan Day Volkswagen with managing director Paul Tanner and two senior managers assisting.
Mr Tanner said: “I’d like to thank the Saracens players Chris Ashton, Will Fraser and Jackson Wray for helping out with the training over the past year and giving up their free time.
“Having them here is a great inspiration for us all.
“It means a lot to the teenagers who come to us for coaching every Monday night that the stars of the club support the Sarries Foundation Programme.
“The boys have had a fantastic year and the players presented them with signed rugby balls for Xmas.”
- 1 Susan Jones obituary: A 'humble' Muswell Hill shop owner of 40 years
- 2 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 3 Artist with autism exhibits vibrant London scenes at Lido Cafe
- 4 North London Chorus to perform in Muswell Hill
- 5 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 6 Alexandra Palace chief executive to leave in 2022
- 7 'Someone is responsible for council spending £23m on office block'
- 8 Proposed bus changes could see Hampstead bus route 168 merged
- 9 Haringey Council SEND failures: 'Some parents are on antidepressants'
- 10 Highgate Hill housing plans spark fears over new pub's future