Santa dusts down Haringey sleigh in Christmas fundraiser for Hornsey Foodbank
- Credit: Femi Otitoju
Santa has been out on his Haringey sleigh - to raise money for Hornsey Foodbank.
Hornsey Round Table (HRT) has organised for Father Christmas to make his way through the streets of Muswell Hill, Crouch End and Hornsey over December to provide some much-needed festive cheer.
Steven Willis, an organiser for HRT, said: "We all know that 2020 has been a tough year with many of us missing out on so many events throughout the year.
"Hornsey Round Table has been working with Santa throughout 2020 to make sure he keeps Christmas on track.
"We understand that a lot of children won’t be able to visit Santa in his grotto this year so we’re doing our best to bring Santa to you."
You may also want to watch:
More than £4,000 has been raised by HRT for local charities this year.
The group was formed more than 80 years ago and its members are men aged under 45 who "try to put something back into the community".
Hornsey Foodbank, a beneficiary of HRT's fundraiser, was set up in July in response to the Covid-19 pandemic.
To donate click here.
- 1 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 4 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 7 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 8 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 9 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 10 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation