Santa dusts down Haringey sleigh in Christmas fundraiser for Hornsey Foodbank
- Credit: Femi Otitoju
Santa has been out on his Haringey sleigh - to raise money for Hornsey Foodbank.
Hornsey Round Table (HRT) has organised for Father Christmas to make his way through the streets of Muswell Hill, Crouch End and Hornsey over December to provide some much-needed festive cheer.
Steven Willis, an organiser for HRT, said: "We all know that 2020 has been a tough year with many of us missing out on so many events throughout the year.
"Hornsey Round Table has been working with Santa throughout 2020 to make sure he keeps Christmas on track.
"We understand that a lot of children won’t be able to visit Santa in his grotto this year so we’re doing our best to bring Santa to you."
You may also want to watch:
More than £4,000 has been raised by HRT for local charities this year.
The group was formed more than 80 years ago and its members are men aged under 45 who "try to put something back into the community".
Hornsey Foodbank, a beneficiary of HRT's fundraiser, was set up in July in response to the Covid-19 pandemic.
To donate click here.
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 5 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 6 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 7 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 8 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach
- 9 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 10 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again