Santa dusts down Haringey sleigh in Christmas fundraiser for Hornsey Foodbank
- Credit: Femi Otitoju
Santa has been out on his Haringey sleigh - to raise money for Hornsey Foodbank.
Hornsey Round Table (HRT) has organised for Father Christmas to make his way through the streets of Muswell Hill, Crouch End and Hornsey over December to provide some much-needed festive cheer.
Steven Willis, an organiser for HRT, said: "We all know that 2020 has been a tough year with many of us missing out on so many events throughout the year.
"Hornsey Round Table has been working with Santa throughout 2020 to make sure he keeps Christmas on track.
"We understand that a lot of children won’t be able to visit Santa in his grotto this year so we’re doing our best to bring Santa to you."
You may also want to watch:
More than £4,000 has been raised by HRT for local charities this year.
The group was formed more than 80 years ago and its members are men aged under 45 who "try to put something back into the community".
Hornsey Foodbank, a beneficiary of HRT's fundraiser, was set up in July in response to the Covid-19 pandemic.
To donate click here.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 3 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 6 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 7 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 8 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 9 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 10 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing