Santa dusts down Haringey sleigh in Christmas fundraiser for Hornsey Foodbank
- Credit: Femi Otitoju
Santa has been out on his Haringey sleigh - to raise money for Hornsey Foodbank.
Hornsey Round Table (HRT) has organised for Father Christmas to make his way through the streets of Muswell Hill, Crouch End and Hornsey over December to provide some much-needed festive cheer.
Steven Willis, an organiser for HRT, said: "We all know that 2020 has been a tough year with many of us missing out on so many events throughout the year.
"Hornsey Round Table has been working with Santa throughout 2020 to make sure he keeps Christmas on track.
"We understand that a lot of children won’t be able to visit Santa in his grotto this year so we’re doing our best to bring Santa to you."
You may also want to watch:
More than £4,000 has been raised by HRT for local charities this year.
The group was formed more than 80 years ago and its members are men aged under 45 who "try to put something back into the community".
Hornsey Foodbank, a beneficiary of HRT's fundraiser, was set up in July in response to the Covid-19 pandemic.
To donate click here.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 7 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 8 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 9 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 10 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin