Sam's spicy meatballs in tomato sauce
Here’s a brilliant way to make a tasty family meal out of the butcher’s freshly made mince.
For the meatballs-
500g beef mince
50g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 3 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 9 Ken Clarke's Infected Blood Inquiry words were 'offensive' – campaigners
- 10 Letter on shopping for one!
1tsp ground coriander
1tbsp rosemary, finely chopped
Salt and pepper
For the sauce:
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 chilli, finely chopped
1 onion, chopped
400g chopped tomatoes
2tbsp mixed herbs
Salt and pepper
Mix together all the ingredients for the meatballs, apart from the oil, in a large mixing bowl. Make the mixture into balls using your hands. You may find it helps to dust your hands with a little flour to stop the mixture sticking. Place the meatballs on a tray or plate and leave in a fridge for two hours to firm them up before cooking.
Heat the tablespoon of oil in a frying pan and brown the meatballs for a few seconds on each side. Set the browned meatballs aside.
For the tomato sauce, heat the two tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan and add the garlic, chilli and onion. Fry for two minutes, or until very soft. Add the chopped tomatoes, mixed herbs, marmite and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a gentle simmer and add the meatballs. Simmer for 15 minutes to form a thick sauce and to cook the meatballs. Serve with spaghetti.