Russian stabbed to death in Highgate street brawl
A RUSSIAN man died in a shocking knife attack last Thursday night. Timur Gosov, 26, suffered stab wounds to the chest and back near Highgate tube station in Shepherd s Hill just after 11.30pm
A RUSSIAN man died in a shocking knife attack last Thursday night.
Timur Gosov, 26, suffered stab wounds to the chest and back near Highgate tube station in Shepherd's Hill just after 11.30pm.
Another man was also injured in the fray and taken to the Whittington Hospital in a car by a friend. He was later discharged after treatment.
Police believe the attack happened after an argument broke out between a group of men. Officers are now trying to trace a black man who got into the car and directed the driver to hospital.
"We are keen to trace anyone who may have seen a group of Eastern European males acting suspiciously in the Shepherd's Hill area," said Detective Chief Inspector Peter Lansdown.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 3 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 4 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 5 3,000 new council homes for Haringey over next ten years
- 6 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 7 Roadworks and rail disruptions in north London over the next week
- 8 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 9 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 10 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead
"It was Polling Day and we are certain there would have been many more people around than usual. Someone must have seen what triggered this incident."
Stanhope Road resident Penny Stretton saw the aftermath of the fatal attack as she walked home from Highgate tube station.
"I came around the corner onto Shepherd's Hill and saw a gang of blokes," said the 26-year-old.
"I thought the guy on the floor was drunk at first but when I got closer I could see he had blood on his top. There were three guys crowded round him and one had his top off - I think they were using it to try to stem the blood.
"The men were all shouting at each other but I couldn't understand what they were saying."
The attack follows another double stabbing in Golders Green a fortnight ago. Around 6pm on Friday April 25, two Orthodox Jews suffered knife wounds in Beverley Gardens and The Drive. Mohamed Jama Ahmed, 37 from North Circular Road, has been charged with two counts of assault occasioning grievous bodily harm.
In relation to the Highgate incident, Russian national Mubarak Suleymanov, 28, from Kingsthor-pe Close in Nottingham, and Chechnyan Adam Terlo, 31, from Everest Court in Leicester, appeared in separate magistrates courts this week charged with the murder of Mr Gosov.
They are expected to appear at the Old Bailey in August. Four other men were also arrested but have been bailed pending further enquiries.
Anyone with any information about the incident should call police on 020-8358 0200.