Russian club confirm they want to sign Arsenal star
Zenit St Petersburg want to re-sign their former player Andrey Arshavin from the Gunners
ZENIT ST PETERSBURG have confirmed they want to take Andrey Arshavin home if he became available.
The club’s Sporting director, Igor Korneev, told TALKSPORT: “Zenit’s doors are always open for Andrey.
“If his situation at Arsenal does not improve and he’s not comfortable in London, we can study this issue in time for next season.”
Lukasz Podolski is being linked with a move to Arsenal, claims GIVEMEFOOTBALL.COM
You may also want to watch:
The Germany star has vowed to stay another year at relegation-haunted Cologne, but the website says reports in Germany suggest the Gunners want him. Podolski told BILD: “Being at Cologne does me good. It’s my club, it my town.
“If it’s up to me, I’ll still be here next season. Where I’d go if I opted to leave after all? Without wanting to sound arrogant, I could succeed at a big European club, in England or Spain.”
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 3 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 7 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 8 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
CORRIERE DELLO SPORT claims Inter Milan will battle it with Barcelona in the summer for Cesc Fabregas’ signature.
The Serie A giants are believed to have contacted the Arsenal skipper’s representatives, with another Italian rag, TUTTO SPORT, also carrying the story this week– and claiming two as yet unnamed Inter players will move to Arsenal as part of the deal.
US publication NESN claims Liverpool will make a move for Gael Clichy in the summer. Kop boss Kenny Dalglish has a reported �50m budget – and the mag believes �9 million of it will be used to lure the French full-back north.
Jack Wilshere reminded us on TWITTER there is still an English influence at multi-national Arsenal with this patriotic message last Saturday: “Through thick and thin until i die my ENGLISH PRIDE stands so high......happy st Georges day.”
And leading bookies WILLIAM HILL have cut the odds on Arsene Wenger leaving the Gunners next season from 10/3 (4.33) to 11/4 (3.75). That said, he remains four to one ON to be in charge for the first game of next season ...