Rush Hair, West Hampstead, review: ‘Classy cut with glamorous flick’
- Credit: Archant
Fast growing hairdressing chain Rush has opened its newest salon in West Hampstead.
Rush Hair in West End Lane has been madeover with an elegant minimalist design of chandeliers and feature fireplaces to complement the Edwardian building.
With 70 salons nationwide including Camden Town and Baker Street, the latest addition to the north London portfolio is managed by franchisee Lilianna Ionescu and her husband Julian.
As a stylist for the firm for 15 years the Mill Hill resident was impressed by the high standard of customer care and quality of hair services she had always found at Rush.
“They were the only brand that was in line with my own expectations,” she says,
You may also want to watch:
“I feel confident that being part of a well established and award winning brand will help fuel the progress of my salon.”
She added: “It’s perfectly located, it’s a vibrant, young dynamic, sought after area with a fantastic high street and excellent transport links. Recent residential and commercial developments show the future potential for West Hampstead.”
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 3 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 4 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 5 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 7 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 8 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
- 9 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'
- 10 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
All the staff at Rush have the benefit of regular courses in the brand’s training centre to update their skills and help them keep up with the latest styles treatments and colour services.
On my visit to the bright and friendly salon I met Lilianna herself who swiftly sat me down to talk about my colour and style.
I had to confess it had been three months since my last visit to a hairdressers and the first port of call was a decision to cover up the regrowth with highlights.
I could tell I was in the hands of a pro as Lilianna knowledgably counselled a mix of cool and warm tones blended with my natural colour to create a subtle look that wouldn’t appear like a block of blonde.
Over the winter months some dryness had crept into the ends so after washing off the colour she applied a moisturising masque which stays in just a little longer than conditioner and leaves your locks feeling glossy and nourished. Once a week from now on I am under strict orders to apply a masque to keep my hair soft and supple.
She then snipped off the dry ends, texturing the do with long layers to take some weight off it and blow dried the cut with plenty of bounce and a glamorous flick to the fringe and ends.
With a menu ranging from speciality teas and coffee to wine – and a fabulous head massage that came with the masque – Lilianna and her team know now to provide an attentive service that feels a real treat. It helped too that I walked out of the salon looking and feeling a cut above.