Ruby bluesday at Pup Idol show
EVEN the pet pooches of Hampstead's superstars couldn't bark their way to a winning spot in this year s fiercely fought Pup Idol. Saturday's competition at the Garden Gate pub, South End Green, included celebrity entrants Ruby – Nicole Appleton and Liam
EVEN the pet pooches of Hampstead's superstars couldn't bark their way to a winning spot in this year's fiercely fought Pup Idol.
Saturday's competition at the Garden Gate pub, South End Green, included celebrity entrants Ruby - Nicole Appleton and Liam Gallagher's daschund - and former Holby City star Jeremy Edwards' Boston terrier, Molly.
Ruby was accompanied by All Saints stars Melanie Blatt and Natalie Appleton, who relayed the results live to a disconsolate Mr Gallagher and her famous sister by mobile phone. The Appleton sisters' mother, Mary, entered her own Chihuahua Mikey.
But Mikey, Molly and Ruby all failed to secure a prize as Hampstead's other pooches carried off the gongs in categories including best looking male dog, best rescue dog and top golden oldie.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Angela Humphery said: "It was all terrific and I was pleasantly surprised by the entries. I hope the event highlighted the plight of dogs that are being rescued and re-homed."
She added that the standard of entries was so high that any celebrity pooches which didn't make the grade shouldn't feel snubbed.
- 1 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 2 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 3 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 7 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill