Royal wedding sick bags and paper plates at Crouch End gallery
Sick of Kate and Wills’ wedding? Head down to Jealous Gallery in Crouch End for an alternative wedding souvenir
A CROUCH End gallery is providing an antidote to the proliferation of Royal Wedding commemorative mugs and tea towels by offering up specially made sickbags and paper plates.
The gallery is selling a limited run of gold and purple “Throne up” bags by artist Lydia Leith, for those who may not have the stomach for Kate and Wills’ wedding.
The more Republican among us can also view or purchase commemorative paper plates created by artist Jess Wilson, who is part of the Jealous Print Studio team.
The plates show a less-flattering illustration of the Royal couple that normally found on such plates – on the rear instead of an official stamp, it reads “Celebrating the marriage between Prince William and Queen Kaffy”.
You may also want to watch:
Gallery manager Ellie Phillips said: “We wanted to offer an alternative type of merchandise to the cliched, saccharine tack that seems to be proliferating at the moment. That said, we are not ungrateful for the bank holiday!”
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 4 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 5 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 8 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 9 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 10 Crouch End drugs raid sees 'cannabis plants and equipment seized'