Royal Free celebrates staff success at annual awards night
- Credit: Archant
On Thursday night the Royal Free London NHS Trust held their annual awards ceremony.
Staff from the trust’s hospitals donned their gladrags while Eastender Michelle Collins was on hand to hand out awards.
The soap star also used the opportunity to thank staff at Royal Free Hospital for the care they had shown her mother, who has been ill over the past year.
She said: “I am very proud of our NHS so when I was asked to take part in tonight I of course said yes”.
More than thirty staff members received gongs.
You may also want to watch:
Notable winners included the Royal Free’s cardiology matron Clare Carter-Jones who won the trust’s chairman’s award for her leadership.
Elsewhere Dr Rajamanickam Vignaraja was honoured as clinician of the year for his work treating fractures in the elderly and Malavika Bangera was named volunteer of the year.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 5 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 6 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 7 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 Property of the week: Impressive mid-terrace Kentish Town family home
- 10 'The flood took everything': Maida Vale family watched floods destroy home
Sir David Sloman, Royal Free London group chief executive, congratulated the winners and added: “We had a record number of entries for this year’s awards which is a testament to the commitment and dedication of all of our colleagues who make the Royal Free London such a special place to work.”