Royal Free celebrates staff success at annual awards night
- Credit: Archant
On Thursday night the Royal Free London NHS Trust held their annual awards ceremony.
Staff from the trust’s hospitals donned their gladrags while Eastender Michelle Collins was on hand to hand out awards.
The soap star also used the opportunity to thank staff at Royal Free Hospital for the care they had shown her mother, who has been ill over the past year.
She said: “I am very proud of our NHS so when I was asked to take part in tonight I of course said yes”.
More than thirty staff members received gongs.
You may also want to watch:
Notable winners included the Royal Free’s cardiology matron Clare Carter-Jones who won the trust’s chairman’s award for her leadership.
Elsewhere Dr Rajamanickam Vignaraja was honoured as clinician of the year for his work treating fractures in the elderly and Malavika Bangera was named volunteer of the year.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 3 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 6 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 7 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 8 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 9 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 10 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
Sir David Sloman, Royal Free London group chief executive, congratulated the winners and added: “We had a record number of entries for this year’s awards which is a testament to the commitment and dedication of all of our colleagues who make the Royal Free London such a special place to work.”