Winter fair: Hampstead secondary school North Bridge House raises £4,690 for the Royal Free Hospital Children’s School
- Credit: Archant
A Hampstead secondary school has raised £4,690 for the Royal Free Hospital Children’s School from its winter fair.
North Bridge House Senior Hampstead, based in Rosslyn Hill, held raffles and auctions from donations made by parents and local businesses as part of its annual fundraiser.
Prizes for the event included Arsenal FC hospitality tickets, Hampstead butchers' hampers and retreats to Kruger National Park in South Africa, and Trieste, Italy.
Talia Price, a parent who helped organise the raffle and silent auction, said: "I went to deliver the prizes to the hospital, they (the children) had tears in their eyes.
"The school has quite a high percentage of kids that are generally disadvantaged on top of their disabilities and severe mental health issues. We made some nurses very happy,"
You may also want to watch:
The school fundraiser saw the music department put on a concert where 12 student acts took part in a range of performances including rock, choir, woodwind and piano.
North Bridge House Senior Hampstead is a private school for 11 to 16-year-olds and The Royal Free Hospital Children's School (RFHCS) is a community special school for pupils aged 5 to 16.
- 1 Rabindranath Tagore's Hampstead home on the market for £2.65m
- 2 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 3 Artist who captures North London's 'special light'
- 4 Pure Gym to open in Crouch End
- 5 'It's madness': Queues block north London roads amid petrol shortage
- 6 Late-night kidnap arrest after police search park
- 7 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze
- 8 Haverstock Hill petrol station 'assault' arrest as motorists queue for fuel
- 9 'We can't afford it': Camden foodbank prepares for spike in demand
- 10 Man charged with Haringey murder and victim named