Winter fair: Hampstead secondary school North Bridge House raises £4,690 for the Royal Free Hospital Children’s School
- Credit: Archant
A Hampstead secondary school has raised £4,690 for the Royal Free Hospital Children’s School from its winter fair.
North Bridge House Senior Hampstead, based in Rosslyn Hill, held raffles and auctions from donations made by parents and local businesses as part of its annual fundraiser.
Prizes for the event included Arsenal FC hospitality tickets, Hampstead butchers' hampers and retreats to Kruger National Park in South Africa, and Trieste, Italy.
Talia Price, a parent who helped organise the raffle and silent auction, said: "I went to deliver the prizes to the hospital, they (the children) had tears in their eyes.
"The school has quite a high percentage of kids that are generally disadvantaged on top of their disabilities and severe mental health issues. We made some nurses very happy,"
You may also want to watch:
The school fundraiser saw the music department put on a concert where 12 student acts took part in a range of performances including rock, choir, woodwind and piano.
North Bridge House Senior Hampstead is a private school for 11 to 16-year-olds and The Royal Free Hospital Children's School (RFHCS) is a community special school for pupils aged 5 to 16.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 4 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 6 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 7 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 8 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 9 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 10 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike