Royal Free and Whittington hospitals celebrate Christmas Day babies
- Credit: Archant
Highgate mum Vanich Harvey celebrated an extra special Christmas present this year with the arrival of a new addition to the family.
Mrs Harvey gave birth to a 7lb baby boy at the Whittington Hospital, in Magdala Avenue, Archway, at 7.29am on Christmas Day.
The mother-of-three, who lives in Waterlow Road with her civil engineer husband, is yet to decide on a name for her new child, who has two brothers, aged six and three.
She said: “We haven’t got a name yet so for now he’s baby Harvey. It’s very special to have a Christmas baby and we will all look forward to celebrating his birthday.
“Christmas was delayed until December 27. Baby Harvey’s brothers have been very good and didn’t want to open the presents from Father Christmas until mummy and their new brother came home.”
Wedding planner Hannah Flax and her husband Eli, both 29, do not celebrate Christmas as Jews but had something to toast this year with the birth of their son at the Royal Free Hospital, in Pond Street, Hampstead, at 11.16am on Christmas Day.
The 8lb 9oz baby, who is yet to be named, was the Royal Free’s first Christmas delivery.
- 1 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 2 Crouch End pub ransacked and charity money stolen
- 3 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 4 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 5 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Haringey
- 6 Camden woman in running for Miss Universe Germany
- 7 Belsize Park phone box transformed into art gallery by prep school pupils
- 8 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 9 Man jailed for membership of banned neo-Nazi group National Action
- 10 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
Mr Flax, a financial advisor who lives with his wife and young daughter in Hendon, said: “We don’t celebrate Christmas ourselves but it was quite an experience knowing that he was the first Christmas baby.
“They made quite a fuss of him at the hospital which was nice.”