Roundhouse show Fuerzabruta resumes after prop collapse causes audience injuries
- Credit: David Levene
A hit acrobatic show is up and running again after a performance was abandoned when part of the set collapsed onto the audience.
Popular Argentinean show Fuerzabruta, which combines elements of circus and theatre, reopened at the Roundhouse in Chalk Farm Road, Chalk Farm, on Tuesday following Friday’s “extremely regrettable” incident.
Scheduled shows on Saturday and Sunday were cancelled as investigations went on into the moment when a large sail-like prop, upon which there were two aerial performers, fell onto the audience standing underneath. Four people including one performer suffered minor injuries.
The Roundhouse has confirmed that the segment featuring the sail has now been removed as the show continues its planned run until March 2.
A spokesman said: “The Roundhouse is committed to the safety and wellbeing of its audiences and undertakes rigorous risk assessments for all of the shows that take place here.
You may also want to watch:
“The show has now been adapted so that the moment which presented technical issues at the 7pm show on Friday is not currently included.”
- 1 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 2 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 3 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 4 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 5 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 8 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 9 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate