Root vegetable korma recipe
Countryside recipeRoot vegetable korma
With luck you will still have a store of over-wintered roots from your last harvest. These are ideally suited to infusing the spicy flavours of this warming curry.
850g of root vegetables, such as parsnip, carrot, turnip, swede, potato1 medium onion, chopped2 tbsp sunflower oil1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped2.5cm (1in) root ginger, peeled and finely chopped40g ground almonds 2-4 tsp curry paste, according to taste400ml can of coconut milk
You may also want to watch:
• Peel the vegetables and cut into 1cm (�in) chunks.
• Fry off the onion, garlic and ginger with the oil in a large flame-proof casserole and then add the curry paste and ground almonds. Stir gently for a minute, and add the vegetables and coconut milk.
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 4 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 5 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 6 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 7 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 8 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 9 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
• Cover and simmer gently, or cook in medium oven (gas mark 4, 180C) for around 30 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Add extra water if necessary. Serve with fluffy basmati rice or naan bread.