7 great north London rooftop bars and terraces
- Credit: Archant
Soak up the sun while sipping on pints and cocktails at these north London bars with rooftop terraces.
The Abbey Tavern Pub
Nestled behind the 19th-century facade away from the roaring traffic of Kentish Town Road, this cosy roof terrace is a great place to chomp on the luxurious burgers on offer.
The Lock Tavern
Overlooking the markets on Chalk Farm Road, this open roof terrace is a great spot to catch the afternoon sun and watch the bustle of market goers while enjoying a fresh Hells.
You may also want to watch:
Near & Far
Specialising in cocktails and gluten-free Mexican street food, Near & Far will take you from Camden Market to a tropical paradise through a roof terrace adorned with palm fronds and pink flamingos.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 6 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers
- 7 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 8 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 9 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 10 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
A summer themed, garden-like terrace, topped with deck chairs and giant cocktail umbrellas in the heart of Camden Market. Enjoy cold pints, pizza and cabaret.
The Faltering Fullback
Lush green leaves surround this rooftop garden terrace that are as bountiful as the beer in the rugby-themed pub near Finsbury Park which comes with live sport and authentic Thai food.
A short walk from King’s Cross station and off the busy Pentonville Road is Big Chill’s colourful, summery terrace, where you can sip on cocktails and craft beer while tucking into the all-day brunch.
The terrace in this gastro pub on Caledonian Road has a fitted DJ booth and BBQ and you can reserve the space for private events or wedding receptions. Reopens in September.