Roma stand in way of Arsenal and Champions League quarters
ARSENAL will play AS Roma in the last 16 of Champions League, writes Patrick Mooney. Arsene Wenger s team were paired with the Italian giants when the draw was made today at Uefa headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland. The first leg will take place at The Emi
ARSENAL will play AS Roma in the last 16 of Champions League, writes Patrick Mooney.
Arsene Wenger's team were paired with the Italian giants when the draw was made today at Uefa headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland.
The first leg will take place at The Emirates Stadium on February 24 with the return leg at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome - the venue for this season's Final - on March 11. The Serie A side topped Group A ahead of Chelsea and will have home advantage in the second leg against the Gunners.
Arsenal are the third Premier League side to be drawn against Italian opposition. Sir Alex Ferguson will lock horns with Jose Mourinho once again after the Champions League holders were drawn against Inter Milan while last season's beaten finalists Chelsea take on Juventus, managed by Claudio Ranieri. who guided Chelsea from 2000 to 2004.
You may also want to watch:
Liverpool tackle nine-times European champions Real, who are now under the stewardship of former Spurs boss Juande Ramos.
The remaining fixtures see Villarreal up against Panathinaikos, Sporting Lisbon tackle Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid meet Porto and Lyon face Barcelona.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 6 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?