Rodent infestation closes Highgate Tesco supermarket
A supermarket on a popular shopping parade was temporarily closed due to a rodent infestation.
Tesco Express in Swain’s Lane, Highgate, was shut last Wednesday while the store dealt with the pest problem.
Staff thoroughly cleaned the shop and put more pest control measures in place to prevent a future infestation.
This is not the first instance in which the lane has been plagued by pests.
Two years ago in April 2013, busy Kalendar cafe was shut for several days by Camden Council’s environmental health officers due to a mice infestation.
You may also want to watch:
A Tesco spokeswoman said: “We insist on the highest standards of hygiene in our stores.
“We took the decision to temporarily close our Swain’s Lane store to ensure these standards are maintained.
- 1 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 2 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 3 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 4 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 5 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 8 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 9 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 10 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
“We apologise to our customers for any inconvenience caused.”