Rodent infestation closes Highgate Tesco supermarket
A supermarket on a popular shopping parade was temporarily closed due to a rodent infestation.
Tesco Express in Swain’s Lane, Highgate, was shut last Wednesday while the store dealt with the pest problem.
Staff thoroughly cleaned the shop and put more pest control measures in place to prevent a future infestation.
This is not the first instance in which the lane has been plagued by pests.
Two years ago in April 2013, busy Kalendar cafe was shut for several days by Camden Council’s environmental health officers due to a mice infestation.
You may also want to watch:
A Tesco spokeswoman said: “We insist on the highest standards of hygiene in our stores.
“We took the decision to temporarily close our Swain’s Lane store to ensure these standards are maintained.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 7 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 8 Cllr Oliver Cooper: Housing key to make Camden 'family-friendly' again
- 9 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 10 Royal Free and Whittington under pressure amid London 'major incident'
“We apologise to our customers for any inconvenience caused.”