Rodent infestation closes Highgate Tesco supermarket
A supermarket on a popular shopping parade was temporarily closed due to a rodent infestation.
Tesco Express in Swain’s Lane, Highgate, was shut last Wednesday while the store dealt with the pest problem.
Staff thoroughly cleaned the shop and put more pest control measures in place to prevent a future infestation.
This is not the first instance in which the lane has been plagued by pests.
Two years ago in April 2013, busy Kalendar cafe was shut for several days by Camden Council’s environmental health officers due to a mice infestation.
You may also want to watch:
A Tesco spokeswoman said: “We insist on the highest standards of hygiene in our stores.
“We took the decision to temporarily close our Swain’s Lane store to ensure these standards are maintained.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 3 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 4 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 5 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 6 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 7 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 8 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 9 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 10 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
“We apologise to our customers for any inconvenience caused.”