Rodent infestation closes Highgate Tesco supermarket
A supermarket on a popular shopping parade was temporarily closed due to a rodent infestation.
Tesco Express in Swain’s Lane, Highgate, was shut last Wednesday while the store dealt with the pest problem.
Staff thoroughly cleaned the shop and put more pest control measures in place to prevent a future infestation.
This is not the first instance in which the lane has been plagued by pests.
Two years ago in April 2013, busy Kalendar cafe was shut for several days by Camden Council’s environmental health officers due to a mice infestation.
You may also want to watch:
A Tesco spokeswoman said: “We insist on the highest standards of hygiene in our stores.
“We took the decision to temporarily close our Swain’s Lane store to ensure these standards are maintained.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 8 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 9 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
“We apologise to our customers for any inconvenience caused.”