Robbery gangs strike twice on Hampstead Heath
HEATH users have been told to be vigilant after two separate robberies last week. At around 9pm on Thursday a 45-year-old man fell off his bike after swerving to avoid a group of six youths. One of the gang pulled the bike from him and pedalled off towar
HEATH users have been told to be vigilant after two separate robberies last week.
At around 9pm on Thursday a 45-year-old man fell off his bike after swerving to avoid a group of six youths.
One of the gang pulled the bike from him and pedalled off towards Savernake Road followed by the rest of the group.
At around 5.30pm the next day two 17-year-old boys, as they sat chatting near the running track, were approached by a group of youths who demanded that they hand over their personal belongings.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector Gary Randall from Camden's robbery squad said: "I would ask users of the Heath to remain vigilant and contact police if they feel this type of behaviour is taking place.
"The Heath continues to be a safe place and the Police are conducting further enquiries into this incident."
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 7 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 8 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 9 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
Anyone with information on the two incidents is urged to call Camden Police on 020-7404 1212 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.