Robbery gangs strike twice on Hampstead Heath
HEATH users have been told to be vigilant after two separate robberies last week. At around 9pm on Thursday a 45-year-old man fell off his bike after swerving to avoid a group of six youths. One of the gang pulled the bike from him and pedalled off towar
HEATH users have been told to be vigilant after two separate robberies last week.
At around 9pm on Thursday a 45-year-old man fell off his bike after swerving to avoid a group of six youths.
One of the gang pulled the bike from him and pedalled off towards Savernake Road followed by the rest of the group.
At around 5.30pm the next day two 17-year-old boys, as they sat chatting near the running track, were approached by a group of youths who demanded that they hand over their personal belongings.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector Gary Randall from Camden's robbery squad said: "I would ask users of the Heath to remain vigilant and contact police if they feel this type of behaviour is taking place.
"The Heath continues to be a safe place and the Police are conducting further enquiries into this incident."
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 4 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 5 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 6 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 7 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 10 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
Anyone with information on the two incidents is urged to call Camden Police on 020-7404 1212 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.