Robbery gangs strike twice on Hampstead Heath
HEATH users have been told to be vigilant after two separate robberies last week. At around 9pm on Thursday a 45-year-old man fell off his bike after swerving to avoid a group of six youths. One of the gang pulled the bike from him and pedalled off towar
HEATH users have been told to be vigilant after two separate robberies last week.
At around 9pm on Thursday a 45-year-old man fell off his bike after swerving to avoid a group of six youths.
One of the gang pulled the bike from him and pedalled off towards Savernake Road followed by the rest of the group.
At around 5.30pm the next day two 17-year-old boys, as they sat chatting near the running track, were approached by a group of youths who demanded that they hand over their personal belongings.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector Gary Randall from Camden's robbery squad said: "I would ask users of the Heath to remain vigilant and contact police if they feel this type of behaviour is taking place.
"The Heath continues to be a safe place and the Police are conducting further enquiries into this incident."
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 5 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 6 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 7 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
Anyone with information on the two incidents is urged to call Camden Police on 020-7404 1212 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.