Robbers strike in Crouch End Broadway
DETECTIVES have appealed for witnesses to a robbery in Crouch End to come forward. Police were called at 12.10am last Wednesday (November 18) to reports of a robbery on a cash in transit van at Abbey National in The Broadway. Two security guards were appr
DETECTIVES have appealed for witnesses to a robbery in Crouch End to come forward.
Police were called at 12.10am last Wednesday (November 18) to reports of a robbery on a cash in transit van at Abbey National in The Broadway.
Two security guards were approached by four men as they entered the premises to make a delivery to the cash machine.
The suspects, who were wearing dark hooded tops and scarves concealing their faces, ordered the guards to hand over a cash box and money from the cash machine, before fleeing along Coleridge Road.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer Det Sgt Katie Bays said: "I appeal to anyone who witnessed the incident or has information that can assist this investigation to contact us.
"I am particularly keen to speak to a male member of the public who saw the suspects prior to the robbery in Coleridge Road. He spoke to another member of the public about what he had seen, but left the scene prior to police arrival. Are you that man? If so, please get in contact.
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 4 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 5 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 6 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 7 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
"In addition, property relating to the robbery was found in Coolhurst Road. Were you in the area at the time- did you see or hear anything suspicious?"
No weapon was seen and no one was injured during the raid.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the incident room on 020-8358 1751, or to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.