Robbers strike in Crouch End Broadway
DETECTIVES have appealed for witnesses to a robbery in Crouch End to come forward. Police were called at 12.10am last Wednesday (November 18) to reports of a robbery on a cash in transit van at Abbey National in The Broadway. Two security guards were appr
DETECTIVES have appealed for witnesses to a robbery in Crouch End to come forward.
Police were called at 12.10am last Wednesday (November 18) to reports of a robbery on a cash in transit van at Abbey National in The Broadway.
Two security guards were approached by four men as they entered the premises to make a delivery to the cash machine.
The suspects, who were wearing dark hooded tops and scarves concealing their faces, ordered the guards to hand over a cash box and money from the cash machine, before fleeing along Coleridge Road.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer Det Sgt Katie Bays said: "I appeal to anyone who witnessed the incident or has information that can assist this investigation to contact us.
"I am particularly keen to speak to a male member of the public who saw the suspects prior to the robbery in Coleridge Road. He spoke to another member of the public about what he had seen, but left the scene prior to police arrival. Are you that man? If so, please get in contact.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 6 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 7 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 8 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 9 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 10 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
"In addition, property relating to the robbery was found in Coolhurst Road. Were you in the area at the time- did you see or hear anything suspicious?"
No weapon was seen and no one was injured during the raid.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the incident room on 020-8358 1751, or to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.