Roadside lifesaver given parking ticket
A physiotherapist was given a parking ticket as she fought to save a man s life on the roadside. Kelly Harry, 29, who works in Devonshire Street, near Regent s Park, had stopped in a 20-minute parking bay in Lewisham when she spotted a crowd around a man.
A physiotherapist was given a parking ticket as she fought to save a man's life on the roadside.
Kelly Harry, 29, who works in Devonshire Street, near Regent's Park, had stopped in a 20-minute parking bay in Lewisham when she spotted a crowd around a man.
She realised he had no pulse and used her first aid training to try to revive him until an ambulance arrived.
Returning to find a £100 ticket on her car, she spoke to a warden who said she could not cancel the ticket but would note the circumstances.
You may also want to watch:
But Transport for London refused to cancel the fine despite Ms Harry sending proof of her physiotherapy qualifications and attendance at a CPR course and a supporting letter from London Ambulance Service. Instead TfL increased the fine to £150 because Ms Harry had not paid it on time.
She said: "They said, 'The warden didn't see you give resuscitation so you still have to pay.' I said, 'I can't believe you're doing this.' I was appalled and prepared to go to court rather than back down."
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 3 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 4 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 5 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 8 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 9 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 10 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
TfL says it has now cancelled the fine however Ms Harry has not yet received confirmation of this.