Roadside lifesaver given parking ticket
A physiotherapist was given a parking ticket as she fought to save a man s life on the roadside. Kelly Harry, 29, who works in Devonshire Street, near Regent s Park, had stopped in a 20-minute parking bay in Lewisham when she spotted a crowd around a man.
A physiotherapist was given a parking ticket as she fought to save a man's life on the roadside.
Kelly Harry, 29, who works in Devonshire Street, near Regent's Park, had stopped in a 20-minute parking bay in Lewisham when she spotted a crowd around a man.
She realised he had no pulse and used her first aid training to try to revive him until an ambulance arrived.
Returning to find a £100 ticket on her car, she spoke to a warden who said she could not cancel the ticket but would note the circumstances.
You may also want to watch:
But Transport for London refused to cancel the fine despite Ms Harry sending proof of her physiotherapy qualifications and attendance at a CPR course and a supporting letter from London Ambulance Service. Instead TfL increased the fine to £150 because Ms Harry had not paid it on time.
She said: "They said, 'The warden didn't see you give resuscitation so you still have to pay.' I said, 'I can't believe you're doing this.' I was appalled and prepared to go to court rather than back down."
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 6 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 7 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 8 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 9 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 10 Pressure mounts on Jose Mourinho Spurs as his former club Man United
TfL says it has now cancelled the fine however Ms Harry has not yet received confirmation of this.