Ricky Gervais in plea for cuddly kittens
HAMPSTEAD funnyman Ricky Gervais has joined the Mayhew Animal Home in a bid to avert the kitten crisis now facing the capital. The group, which is based in Kensal Green, is a previous winner of the Ham&High s Christmas Cheer grant campaign. But currentl
HAMPSTEAD funnyman Ricky Gervais has joined the Mayhew Animal Home in a bid to avert the 'kitten crisis' now facing the capital.
The group, which is based in Kensal Green, is a previous winner of the Ham&High's Christmas Cheer grant campaign. But currently it is struggling to cope with an influx of kittens as the number of stray and feral cats in the capital rises rapidly.
Mr Gervais said: "Too many cats are having unwanted babies that are arriving on the doorsteps of rescue centres who only have very limited space.
"These tiny little things have barely had a chance in life so if you can take in any of these orphan felines and care for them while the Mayhew finds them a home, please get in touch."
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 4 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 7 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 8 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council