Retired Camden barrister killed in crash close to Oxford Circus
- Credit: Archant
An 86-year-old retired barrister from Camden died in a crash close to Oxford Circus, police have revealed.
Samuel Mtepuka, of Highgate Road, Camden, died on Wednesday last week after being hit by a lorry.
Mr Mtepuka, a British national of Malawian origin, lived in Switzerland and the UK.
The lorry driver stopped and is helping police investigate the tragedy.
He has not been arrested.
Police revealed that a cause of death has yet to be confirmed and further tests are being carried out.
The crash happened in Regent Street near the junction with Hanover Street, at 8.10pm.
- 1 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 2 Crouch End pub ransacked and charity money stolen
- 3 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 4 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 5 Camden woman in running for Miss Universe Germany
- 6 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Haringey
- 7 Belsize Park phone box transformed into art gallery by prep school pupils
- 8 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
- 9 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 10 Man jailed for membership of banned neo-Nazi group National Action
Mr Mtepuka died at the scene.
Detectives from the Met Police Serious Collision Investigation Unit are investigating.
Officers have called for witnesses to come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to contact detectives at Merton Traffic Garage on 0208 543 5157,