Retired Camden barrister killed in crash close to Oxford Circus
- Credit: Archant
An 86-year-old retired barrister from Camden died in a crash close to Oxford Circus, police have revealed.
Samuel Mtepuka, of Highgate Road, Camden, died on Wednesday last week after being hit by a lorry.
Mr Mtepuka, a British national of Malawian origin, lived in Switzerland and the UK.
The lorry driver stopped and is helping police investigate the tragedy.
He has not been arrested.
You may also want to watch:
Police revealed that a cause of death has yet to be confirmed and further tests are being carried out.
The crash happened in Regent Street near the junction with Hanover Street, at 8.10pm.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 8 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 9 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 10 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
Mr Mtepuka died at the scene.
Detectives from the Met Police Serious Collision Investigation Unit are investigating.
Officers have called for witnesses to come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to contact detectives at Merton Traffic Garage on 0208 543 5157,