Retired Camden barrister killed in crash close to Oxford Circus
- Credit: Archant
An 86-year-old retired barrister from Camden died in a crash close to Oxford Circus, police have revealed.
Samuel Mtepuka, of Highgate Road, Camden, died on Wednesday last week after being hit by a lorry.
Mr Mtepuka, a British national of Malawian origin, lived in Switzerland and the UK.
The lorry driver stopped and is helping police investigate the tragedy.
He has not been arrested.
You may also want to watch:
Police revealed that a cause of death has yet to be confirmed and further tests are being carried out.
The crash happened in Regent Street near the junction with Hanover Street, at 8.10pm.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 3 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 4 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 5 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 6 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 7 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 8 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 9 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
Mr Mtepuka died at the scene.
Detectives from the Met Police Serious Collision Investigation Unit are investigating.
Officers have called for witnesses to come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to contact detectives at Merton Traffic Garage on 0208 543 5157,