Retired Camden barrister killed in crash close to Oxford Circus
- Credit: Archant
An 86-year-old retired barrister from Camden died in a crash close to Oxford Circus, police have revealed.
Samuel Mtepuka, of Highgate Road, Camden, died on Wednesday last week after being hit by a lorry.
Mr Mtepuka, a British national of Malawian origin, lived in Switzerland and the UK.
The lorry driver stopped and is helping police investigate the tragedy.
He has not been arrested.
You may also want to watch:
Police revealed that a cause of death has yet to be confirmed and further tests are being carried out.
The crash happened in Regent Street near the junction with Hanover Street, at 8.10pm.
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 7 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 8 Letters: The floods!
- 9 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 10 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
Mr Mtepuka died at the scene.
Detectives from the Met Police Serious Collision Investigation Unit are investigating.
Officers have called for witnesses to come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to contact detectives at Merton Traffic Garage on 0208 543 5157,