Retired Camden barrister killed in crash close to Oxford Circus
- Credit: Archant
An 86-year-old retired barrister from Camden died in a crash close to Oxford Circus, police have revealed.
Samuel Mtepuka, of Highgate Road, Camden, died on Wednesday last week after being hit by a lorry.
Mr Mtepuka, a British national of Malawian origin, lived in Switzerland and the UK.
The lorry driver stopped and is helping police investigate the tragedy.
He has not been arrested.
You may also want to watch:
Police revealed that a cause of death has yet to be confirmed and further tests are being carried out.
The crash happened in Regent Street near the junction with Hanover Street, at 8.10pm.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 7 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 8 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 9 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 10 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing
Mr Mtepuka died at the scene.
Detectives from the Met Police Serious Collision Investigation Unit are investigating.
Officers have called for witnesses to come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to contact detectives at Merton Traffic Garage on 0208 543 5157,